Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pattygook

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone has ever Hammerited their bronco or not. I've been looking into it and I think it's not too bad of an idea. Already prepping (just got an orbital sander yesterday).

Seabronc

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who has used the product. Most automotive restorers that I know of use either POR15 or Rust Bullet. POR15 requires a 3 step process, but the results are guaranteed for life. I believe Rust Bullet has a similar guarantee but I have never used it.

I did do a Google search on this product and it looks pretty good. Here are some links for anyone that may be interested:

http://www.hammerite-automotive.com/

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userp...2&catId=372

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I use it on my axles, frame, steering etc. I wouldn't think it would hold up well to the body. Seems to scratch easy, maybe a good clear coat will fix that.

I like the polyurathane type paints. The clear is already in it. Down fall I had was I wouldn't wet sand and buff afterwards since it was a Metallic paint. Keep to the solid colors...

Yardape

Reaction score
I used it on my bumper brackets (hammered grey) Seems alright, I really never thought of using it on the body. Think it will look like a beater mobile if you did that. Have you evr considered Durabak? I am doing mine inside and out with Durabak and the results I have seen on other rigs are awesome. Its really not that expensive but very tough.

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Man, Durabak looks pretty good, I might go buy a couple gallons of that instead. But yeah, I was thinking about bedlining the interior, but now it looks like I'll Durabak it. Does anyone know of any high-res pictures of cars painted with Durabak?

Yardape

Reaction score
Durabaks website has quite a few pretty good pictures, I trust you were there by your comment. Look at all the pictures. I was sold as soon as I saw them.

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Yeah, I was at Durabak's website, but those pictures were kinda small. I just don't want to buy two gallons of it, then find out it'll look bad on my B2. Maybe I'll buy a quart if they sell it and test it on a old car, maybe my neighbors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco