Padded dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goodO1boydws

Reaction score
What you could do is get some slightly longer screws .With bigger heads and use them or get some longer screws and washers.
A body shop supply store would be a good place to try looking for something like this-they often have a huge selection of oddball screws, and sometimes let you buy them per piece when you only need a few.

Another possibility is finishing/cup/trim washers.
One might have a large enough diameter to catch and hold the edge of that overlay cover in place without looking too out of place. They are thin steel with a fairly sharp edge that has the potential to grip and not slip on a plastic surface. You might get lucky and find some at a place where you can buy just a few.

markalarson

Reaction score
I'd apply it while in the sun during the expansion phase. Prep, fill and smooth the surface and then move it into the shade to cure. During the cool down phase the epoxy will force itself into the parent material for a tighter bond. Just my 2 cents.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I'd apply it while in the sun during the expansion phase. Prep, fill and smooth the surface and then move it into the shade to cure. During the cool down phase the epoxy will force itself into the parent material for a tighter bond. Just my 2 cents.
Well when it is in the sun. You have a gap. In the shade and cooled off. You don,t have a gap. Then you fill it ON and you have a very small crack. You can do it any way you want--we all have different opinions and ideas. Good luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well when it is in the sun. You have a gap. In the shade and cooled off. You don,t have a gap. Then you fill it ON and you have a very small crack. You can do it any way you want--we all have different opinions and ideas. Good luck.
The epoxy I used DOES NOT TAKE LONG TO SET UP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom