Padded dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Whitby

Reaction score
Padded dash. Is there any company out there that makes a replacement padded dash for 1992-96 Broncos, or 1992-97 F-150, 250 350 Ford trucks? Haven't find anything thus far. Cracks are a bit trashy looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2299.JPG
    IMG_2299.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 6

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Padded dash. Is there any company out there that makes a replacement padded dash for 1992-96 Broncos, or 1992-97 F-150, 250 350 Ford trucks? Haven't find anything thus far. Cracks are a bit trashy looking.
Try Green Sales in Ohio. They have alot of new old parts. Good people to deal with.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Try Green Sales in Ohio. They have alot of new old parts. Good people to deal with.
Also watch the video of the place and you see alot and learn alot. Those people have alot of OLD FORD AND MERCURY PARTS AND THEY ARE NICE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH. Type in Green Sales in the address bar and hit enter--good luck and watch their videos

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never dealt with them, haven't heard any complaints though.

They are plastered all over facebook.

OBS interiors

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Steve,
As Johnny advised.
Here is a typical Coverlay Big Bronco dash cover and review by Chris C in his 85 Bronco @ https://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/12/23271

"In the last couple years my dash started to crack. its nothing really bad till i accidently punched a hole in the center while cleaning the bronco out. since then i've been thinking of going with either a carpet style cover or one of those plastic covers. well last week i finally decided to give the plastic cover a try and it came out pretty nice. the front half of the dash fits nice and tight but more near the windshield it doesnt fit as well. i did have to do some trimming but over all it seems pretty good. color is slightly off, i think the OE dash kinda fadded over the years but its close enough."
pics:
1675866263854.png

1675866297536.png

1675866345426.png

1675866449465.png

1675866502502.png

1675866553950.png

1675866605915.png

1675866647442.png

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I have and they don,t wait around to answer the phone. They are quick about it and if you have the part number it is better,but without it they can look it up. Just takes a little longer. They are quick to mail stuff out too.Very friendly people too. Check out their videos. You,ll like it. They have parts in a big air craft building from WW2.

charles-nix

Reaction score
One other suggestion, which I did on my '96. A good local car upholstery shop can fill the crack then cover the whole padded area with seat vinyl, cutting and stitching for the radio cutout. Mine was done that way after I saw the local shop owner's F-150 which he had done that way.

Results highly dependent on how good the shop is...... But it was a much less expensive option.

ablediver

Reaction score
Steve Whitby,

I've got one of those on hand from Coverlay. It's as close to OEM as you'll get . It beats the socks off the carpeted ones for looks. I bought it to fit the exact same Bronco you have pictured . In fact, mine is cracked in the same place. Must have been a stress point originating from the manufacturer. Good luck with the remove / replace.

Ablediver out

johnnyreb

Reaction score
What you could do is get some slightly longer screws .With bigger heads and use them or get some longer screws and washers. U

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Use HFT Epoxy-quick setting. I got it a Harbor Freight for about $2.oo for 2 tubes--you mix it and it has worked good for me on my dash.

markalarson

Reaction score
In the past I had both my Bronco and Truck fitted with Aftermarket dashes. Also had one made for my 70 Opel GT. However I can't remember/find the business that made them.
This company might be able to help/lead you to the right individuals.
I'll keep looking.
Mark

johnnyreb

Reaction score
In the past I had both my Bronco and Truck fitted with Aftermarket dashes. Also had one made for my 70 Opel GT. However I can't remember/find the business that made them.
This company might be able to help/lead you to the right individuals.
I'll keep looking.
Mark
I odered a dash pad for my fire bird from Just dash,s out in California . They sent a shell and advertised it as padded. I called them up and they told me to mail it back and they would refund my money. I mailed it back about 8 years ago and NEVER did get my money back--so be warned about them.

markalarson

Reaction score
Yes. I'm not talking about the dash pad. Although the blue one pictured (miesk5) look's nice. The company that I worked with took your old dash and restored it to the factory condition. Both of my rigs still look fresh and new. No cracks and they were done at least 30 years ago. Maybe the rest of the group can help me search.
Company was located San Fernando/Sylmar California. If they are still in business it would be great for everyone. I've tried a few searches but nothing.
Mark

goodO1boydws

Reaction score
Any interest in trying to do the repair yourself, and ending up with a good looking surface that will last, or is that not something you'd like to tackle?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Three or four years ago. The dash started cracking on my Dodge Ram. I notice as the day got warmer--the crack got wider. I got me some of the epoxy at Harbor Freight. The next morning I parked my truck in the shade and the crack hadn,t started opening up yet. So I ran the epoxy down the future crack and it has been holding ever since. The name of the epoxy in HFT EPOXY QUICK SETTING--It comes in two tubes and you have to mix it together. Its pretty good stuff.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Use HFT Epoxy-quick setting. I got it a Harbor Freight for about $2.oo for 2 tubes--you mix it and it has worked good for me on my dash.
Also if you will notice the dash when the sun hits it. It will cause the crack to WIDEN. What I done was parked the truck in the shade and the crak NEVER WIDEN. Then THAT is when I put the poxy on. Then after it set up a good while. I can park it in the sun and it stays. Its good epoxy and cheap.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo