Origanal ride height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopartink

Reaction score
Hi wondering if anyone knows the original space between the axle tubes and frame for a 78 bronco? Mine definitely has lift springs and I want to replace them but not sure what lift they are.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo M,

Welcome!

For now, until the crew offers better information, 1978 Bronco Brochure by Indybronco (Lula Mae) at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/1964/33111

Click on each page to enlarge.

This page shows Axle Ground Clearance

78bb_bkcvr.jpg

Next time, please fill out your Signature with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.

Click your name in right black panel in upper right;

In pop up,

Click, My Profile

Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel

In left panel, Click, Edit Signature

Enter info

Click, Save Changes

To post a pic from your PC, TABLET, etc., just below the reply box in lower right corner, click More Reply Options

Screen will change

See Attach files

pick out the pic

Click Attach This File

or click, Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

Our sponsor, Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.

http://broncograveyard.com

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi Mo..,

Un-clear.., sounds like you're wanting to replace with the same size lift..?

What is there to gain from that..?  (BTW the newer engineered leafs do offer a softer ride if that's your goal)

I can't help except suggest doing the math by using your difference in tire size -- & roof height shown in

M5,s spec. sheet above..., against the height of your roof now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke