NP435/D20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Here's photos of my 435/D20 out of my 74. The truck came this way and I'm hopeing someone can identify the adapter I have?

I camea cross a few other discussions on this setup. So far everyone has mixed assumptions of whats needed to accomplish this combo.

Maybe someone here knows...?

My 68 has 435/205 so this one is new to me.

So far I hear you need a 1" adapter between the 435 and stock V8 adapter to meet the bolt pattern. Mine doesn't have any 1" adapter, bolts right up. What I've found is many types of 435's so the 1" adapter could be usefull for someone. Some say you need the 1" adapter anyway casue of the long tail shaft on the back of 435. Mine was cut so maybe this is all thats needed? Others say mine might be a 435/6 Cyl Adapter/D20. Works well and bolts right up to the stock cross member .

I'd like to know what I have for a few friends. Seems like the easiest and cheapest way. Looks to me that is all stock V8 stuff.

NP435_D20_001.jpg

NP435_D20_002.jpg

NP435_D20_003.jpg

NP435_D20_004.jpg

NP435_D20_006.jpg

NP435_D20_008.jpg

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Well, from what others say, I have an aftermarket adapter from Advanced Adapters that looks and performs like the stock adapter. This adaper costs around $400 so the 1" adapter everyone is using sounds like a cheaper route for anyone else intersted.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
I don't know about your adapter, I have never seen the AA one, but on mine, I used the 6 cyl adapter between trans & xfer and everything lines up w/the xmember. I didn't use the 1" plate that everyone is talking about. All I did was turn the rubber bushings/washers over. Swapped the thick ones from the top of the xmember to the bottom and it gives you clearance under the tunnel and mates to the xmember perfect.

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Thats what I always thought but others think its an after market adapter.

My info was from old timers that know what they are talking about too.

Mine looks the same as all other adapters I've seen in the past. Some say you need the 1" spacer to simply bolt it up. others say its for the 1" added length of the tail shaft into the adapter. Mine was cut off. I would assume I have the 6cyl adapter like you have and this is all thats needed. Seems like the way to go.

It would be nice to know for sure for others doing this mod.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat