nor rear light or fuel pumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fiero/Broncoman

Reaction score
I just replaced my fuel tank with a new plastic tank from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. It ran about 20 minutes in garage. Went to pull out of the garage and fuel gauge went from 1/8 tank to quarter and engine die down for second than idled back up. I took my foot off the brake and fuel gauge went to full and it died. Now I have no tail light, reverse lights, no fuel pumps. turn blinker on left or right don't matter which and both rears blink very dim. My son and I spent about 4 hours messing with it fixing grounds, installing new cable ends. And still nothing... I jumped the relay for pump and nothing! only have 5.5 to 6 volts at tail lights. No voltage at the rear ground, so I know that's good. So being a smart butt i told my son to connect the 20 amp jumper wire to the sending unit attach the other end to the new bolts holding the skid plate on and bam!!! We have tail lights and in tank pump only when I jump the relay! But no HP pump under drivers door. So we tried to find a ground for it and ONLY place it would work with the everything and front pump was straight to negative side of battery. So its rigged with a hose clamp to sending unit to battery ground and it runs fine. I took of the ground from above driver side head light area and checked voltage and it was .4 volts to.9 volts. I should have 13. to 14.5. volts (We had battery charger on truck all night and day I drained it last night). I can not find wiring for this year Bronco online I know there is a couple splices and connectors. We found one connector but anyone know where the splices are at? Looking for new harness for it in the spring as we are doing a full body off. Uhaul messed up the rear wiring. twisted wires and black tape...

Thanks Eric

Its always been dealer maintained and it has some nasty stuff we fixed today.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo ERIC,

It's an 89?

If so,

Here are some diagrams, But we'll need someone with a Ford EVTM/Service Manual/Electrical Manual to tell you where the pslices are;

and to confirm ground locations shown below.

Wiring Diagrams (Partial, Bronco similar) for F 150 in 86, 89, 91 & 95; EEC, Start/Ignition, EFI/Fuel System, Emissions, E4OD, AOD/C6 (+ clutch interlock switch), etc.

Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://oldfuelinjection.com/?p=36

or

Wiring Diagram in an 89 from EVTM; miesk5 Note; G801 is located on the LH inner fender behind the headlamp & both pumps Grounds join @ Splices S155 & S903

bronco-1989-fuel-system--pg-92.gif

Source: by Ford via SeattleFSB (Seattle FSB) at SuperMotors.net

miesk5 Note; I head that The ground for the inline pump, tail lights and fuel senders is @ G801 and G802, located on the Driver side inner fender behind the headlamp & both pumps' Grounds join @ Splices S155 & S903

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22