No holes in roof.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzCritter

Reaction score
I am thinking of mounting the soft strap oh jeez climb in straps above my doors. Has anyone mounted stuff in this location without putting holes in their roof? If so could you share your secret? How deep can I drill or is there a better place to permanently attach the climb in straps? I was wary of drilling into the window towers.
Any help, or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks Bronco Brothers!

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
That area is has space between the roof and trim. You can drill and use sheet metal screws without going through the roof.
You will be putting the straps right on the plastic trim. That is how my truck has them.

2 sheet metal screws, each end. Kind of a leather strap in between. My kids hang off of them and haven't ever torn one out.

OP
OP
A

AzCritter

Reaction score
That area is has space between the roof and trim. You can drill and use sheet metal screws without going through the roof.
You will be putting the straps right on the plastic trim. That is how my truck has them.

2 sheet metal screws, each end. Kind of a leather strap in between. My kids hang off of them and haven't ever torn one out.
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of using the prethreaded rivets. You set the rivet and it's threaded inside to accept a certain size bolt or *****.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
You sure can use blind rivets. Kind of overkill but it would be more solid.

Overhead consoles are the worst. Holes never seem to line up again.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke