Newbie With Window Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigertank

Reaction score
I have been on FSB for a while and found out about this sight from Broncograveyard.com. I want to change out the metal retainers that wrap around the vent window glass on an 86 fullsize Bronco. Has anybody done this before? Will the retainers from an 89 fit? How is the glass held in and will silicone work to reinstall the glass? Thanks for any help!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Not sure about the compatability of the 89 retainers, but any from 80 to 86 will definately fit. To remove the wing window al you need to do is remove the door panel, roll down the maine window , remove the ***** on the front side of the wing frame, (a phillips head *****), remove one bolt under the door panel, tilt the frame back and pull out. Hope that is clearer than mud ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
T

tigertank

Reaction score
Thanks Seabronc for answering my first post on this sight!! Yea, I know how to get the vent window assembly out of the door I am just wondering how hard is it to replace the glass in the retainer and will retainers from an 89 fit an 86? A couple of companys that sell them say that 80-91 are interchangeable but I would like to here about it from someone who has actually done it and how they did it. Thanks again!!!

viper

Reaction score
Having an 83 for a donor , I used one wing in my 82 and the other in my 86.Changing the whole unit is so simple ,why jack with the glass? I sanded the metal, taped off the glass & sprayed it gloss black. Bam, new window :)>-

Seabronc

Reaction score
I agree with Viper, I keep a spare set on hand for the times I lock my keys in and have to break the wing window to get in :lol: . It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to do the whole job including removing and replacing the door panel.

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph