New to BroncoZone, but not new to Broncos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barologuy

Reaction score
Our ‘71 Bronco’s been in the family since dad bought it new. He actually ordered it direct from the factory through fleet. In Texas as kids our weekends were outdoors, deer lease, running down Padre Island, or hill country. Thank God he had it Ziebarted as soon as he got it home on day one. No rust. On our weekend adventures I’d sit next to my brother on the back seat and admire mom’s packing as gear would surround us. The Bronco was garaged in 1980 after multiple carb rebuilds and the arrival of my dad’s new ’79 Bronco. Dad passed in ‘87 and the Bronco stayed garaged until 1998. When my son turned 16 all he wanted was to get the Bronco running so he could drive. It was constant maintenance and he wasn’t in love with the lack of power steering and AC in the Texas summer. Coulda sold it, but it’s a family member and we couldn’t bear to let it go. It holds a lot of memories and lets me feel a connection to dad as well as mom who passed away in 2010. In 2012 we started the resto mod that is about to be completed. Multiple shops and stops later we’re close. I’ve been a member in the group for a while and was going to wait and post when the build was complete, but after a 6 month delay getting a custom 4R70W tranny from Monster we’re hopefully weeks away from a driving truck.71bronco_1.jpg71bronco_1.jpg20191210_184601.jpgbronco_5467.jpgimage-8.jpegIMG_3231.JPGIMG_5438.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2-2.JPGphoto 3-2.JPGphoto 4-1.JPGserpentine_174416.jpgIMG_4925.jpgIMG_4926.jpg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Our ‘71 Bronco’s been in the family since dad bought it new. He actually ordered it direct from the factory through fleet. In Texas as kids our weekends were outdoors, deer lease, running down Padre Island, or hill country. Thank God he had it Ziebarted as soon as he got it home on day one. No rust. On our weekend adventures I’d sit next to my brother on the back seat and admire mom’s packing as gear would surround us. The Bronco was garaged in 1980 after multiple carb rebuilds and the arrival of my dad’s new ’79 Bronco. Dad passed in ‘87 and the Bronco stayed garaged until 1998. When my son turned 16 all he wanted was to get the Bronco running so he could drive. It was constant maintenance and he wasn’t in love with the lack of power steering and AC in the Texas summer. Coulda sold it, but it’s a family member and we couldn’t bear to let it go. It holds a lot of memories and lets me feel a connection to dad as well as mom who passed away in 2010. In 2012 we started the resto mod that is about to be completed. Multiple shops and stops later we’re close. I’ve been a member in the group for a while and was going to wait and post when the build was complete, but after a 6 month delay getting a custom 4R70W tranny from Monster we’re hopefully weeks away from a driving truck.View attachment 22072View attachment 22072View attachment 22073View attachment 22074View attachment 22075View attachment 22076View attachment 22077View attachment 22078View attachment 22079View attachment 22080View attachment 22081View attachment 22082View attachment 22083View attachment 22084

What an awesome story! Glad you never sold and now looks even better with the restomod rebuild. So how old your 16 year old son now? Does he want to drive it now. :)

OP
OP
Barologuy

Barologuy

Reaction score
What an awesome story! Glad you never sold and now looks even better with the restomod rebuild. So how old your 16 year old son now? Does he want to drive it now. :)
Thanks! Blake is 29 now, and he keeps asking about its progress, but knows being allowed to drive it is as far as it's going to go. As I'm sure with most builds here on BroncoZone, the list of mods can get pretty extensive. My dad was into racing (Baja) and so the "new" Bronco needed to perform, but I wanted it to look good, be practical and comfortable enough for my wife to drive. Here's what's been done so far:
  • Original 302 built into 347 stroker
  • Holley ****** EFI
  • Serpentine system
  • 3 1/2" stage 9 suspension lift
  • 2" Body lift
  • Replaced dual gas tanks with one 23 gal.
  • Shaved the body, welded rear seams
  • Hand formed steel fender flares
  • v2.0 had 33x12.5 tires, v3.0 will have 37x12.5
  • Exterior body paint is Natural Khaki Metallic
  • Top is Warm Pearl
  • All glass is original
  • Dash shaved except for cluster, steering and glove box
  • Tilt steering, power steering
  • Four wheel disc brakes
  • DynaMat sound deadening
  • Custom seats
  • Custom 4R70W tranny from Monster
  • Vintage air
  • Push button start
  • Painless wiring harness
  • 8-Point roll cage
  • Custom center console (in the works)
Hoping to have wiring and AC finished in a few weeks and get her fired up!

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Holy crap! That's an extensive list! Shaved dash? Never heard of doing that. So just s clean look? Got pics of that?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke