new tires and allignment issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black beauty

Reaction score
so i sold my bighorns and now im on a set of 35x12.50 baja claw radials. now my concern is this, when we took off my old tires and rolled them by hand you could look at the tire and see the tires were "dipped" especially the fronts. so with my new rubber i dont want this to happen becaue i plant to keep these tires til they wear out. so what in the front end could have caused the tires to "dip" all 4 ball joints are 2 years old since i replaced them and the front end gets lined up 1-2 times a year just for good measure. so what could be out of line or wearing out that will cause this? i have a few good ideas but im looking for anything that i may have missed

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
Ball joints can go bad in 2 years. Depends on the quality of the part. I would recheck the ball joints, tie rod ends and the wheel bearing.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
BB, worn shocks will cause a diagonal 'dipping' or 'cupping' across the tread area, too. I would agree with YA, and check for any slack in the frontend. Balljoints don't last as long with larger tires. IF you have 10,000 miles or more they could easily be shot.

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
so i sold my bighorns and now im on a set of 35x12.50 baja claw radials. now my concern is this, when we took off my old tires and rolled them by hand you could look at the tire and see the tires were "dipped" especially the fronts. so with my new rubber i dont want this to happen becaue i plant to keep these tires til they wear out. so what in the front end could have caused the tires to "dip" all 4 ball joints are 2 years old since i replaced them and the front end gets lined up 1-2 times a year just for good measure. so what could be out of line or wearing out that will cause this? i have a few good ideas but im looking for anything that i may have missed
Black beauty,

I just went through the same thing and I know how frustrating it can be! I had 3 alingments, the upper and lower ball joints replaced on both sides. Tighted up the steering box. I would bet your wheel bearings are loose. Its a pretty easy job if you have the right socket to tighten um' back up.

good luck

ms_jetset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23