New owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Js32274

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have wanted a Bronco since I was 16. 25 years later I got one! This is a 1979 Bronco, great interior. I will be working on body and a new paint job this year. I do not know a lot about cars, so I am drinking from a fire hydrant.

Attachments

• 5D498A18-C6BE-4281-A505-D3B63E6B171B.jpeg
    5D498A18-C6BE-4281-A505-D3B63E6B171B.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 29

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Would you be interested in a stock chrome front bumper? I keep looking at that front bumper on yours and I like it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have wanted a Bronco since I was 16. 25 years later I got one! This is a 1979 Bronco, great interior. I will be working on body and a new paint job this year. I do not know a lot about cars, so I am drinking from a fire hydrant.
Youmust have some powerful jaws(haha) Welcome to the club. You find some nice people hear to help you.Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo J,
Welcome to our Bronco site!
Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort. You would be the FIRST TO DO SO IN MANY YEARS!

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch
Al

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Good question it was the bumper on my 78, pulled it it’s sitting on the shelf in the shop. The grandkids wanted a different bumper so I made this one out of pipe. They have some design changes for and want to add to it

Attachments

• 6812D18E-B6DF-48D9-BCCA-9D344714CABB.jpeg
    6812D18E-B6DF-48D9-BCCA-9D344714CABB.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 17

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Good question it was the bumper on my 78, pulled it it’s sitting on the shelf in the shop. The grandkids wanted a different bumper so I made this one out of pipe. They have some design changes for and want to add to it
Wwll maybe later on you would wished you still have it. I got a rechromed on one of my bronco and it started peeling real soon. Later on I,ll get a new one. I changed all 3 mirrors on my bronco and like them alot better.I put smaller ones on it and to me,. I like them alot better then the big bulky looking ones.Hears a picture of it now. What do you think>

Attachments

• 1978 Ford Bronco with small mirrow in and outside I put on.jpg
    1978 Ford Bronco with small mirrow in and outside I put on.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 15

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you found a good one!

chrlsful

Reaction score
some great looking 1 color 2nd gens, or the model/era correct 'panels'. -The new shinny bumper-? Ever think of the 'over-riders' or bumperetts some had?

Yer right "a fire hydrant" If never done a restore (esp a multi purpose likea bronk) do a long, through period of research. Find what it was/is, think abt YOUR s p e c i f i c APPLICATION. Find what parts will work together to achieve that end. Do a budget (time, place, $, parts, what will B contracted out). Carry that plan thru to the end WITHOUT change. I see too many hack jobs where the research wuz in the middle of the project & produced junk, got anabdon 1/2 way &/or cost mucho $'n time & was still a mess.

Ur 1st move wuz a good'un, coming here to connect (more resources). HTH, we're here~

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That is a nice looking bumper you made and put on your bronco Nota. Did you make extensions on each piece that bolts to the frame? If so. a person could add about a 16 inch spacer .To go between the bumper and grill .So you could stand on it. If you have to work on the motor and have holes drilled in it.To add a winch later on. or add auxilary lights later on. It looks really nice and sturdy.

pblakesley16

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. My suggestion would be to do everything in the engine, suspension, interior before you paint. Save you the worry of scratching a new paint job.

And go slow and ask people questions. I was new when I got my Bronco. Learned a lot - like how to go slow and try to be patient through a lot of mistakes and broken things. These are old vehicles and there is "always something".

There are a lot of resources out there to help you through the process. If it wasn't for youtube I would have been lost. Keep a notebook with your plan and check things off as you go. I started with the front bumper and worked my way through the truck. I have the attention span of a small fruit fly so having a plan helped.

Good luck and have fun.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
If you have questions about anything on the Bronco these folks on here have the correct answers. Would recommend getting a good power probe to help chase electrical issues. Have chase wiring gremlins on these from bumper to bumper. So if you have any questions please hit me up.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
For one thing. You have one that you can learn alot about electrical,mechanical and body. Good luck and welcome to the club.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke