New Member With An Old Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bridgeoffroad

Reaction score
Hey yall! Just wanted to say hello and share my story! When I was 18 with my very first 1500 dollars I saved with my adult dollars I purchased a 1979 Bronco. It was a hunk of junk however it was mine. When I was 20 I joined the Army and left my Bronco at my sisters house while I was going to basic training. During that time someone stole my Bronco from her house. I am now 37 years old and about 2 months ago I found it!!!!! I got a call from my Brother-in-law, he told me apparently one of his nephews stole my Bronco way back when ( This side of the family has hundreds of acres in northern Idaho). There was a death on his side of the family so they were doing an estate evaluation and walking the property to divide it up to those who remain and he found the Bronco in the back acres on blocks behind trees that had grown around it. Longer story shortened. Hired a service to cut the trees down and a tow company to transport it and it now rests easy in my driveway after 17 years of me thinking it was lost and gone. Its still not in the best shape, however, she now sits at my house and restoration will soon be underway! I've several vehicles already so this will end up being my first show stopper build. I've got my work cut out for me.. Looks like they cut her up pretty good to fit larger tires for the mud puddles on their property.

In the works 9" lift, 44inch Super Swampers, full exterior and interior resto!!!! I hope to show the progress soon! Keep posted!

Here is how she sits today! Hoping to having her running and somewhat decent in the next month or two!

Attachments

• IMG_6187.JPG
    IMG_6187.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6185.JPG
    IMG_6185.JPG
    471 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6186.JPG
    IMG_6186.JPG
    473.3 KB · Views: 21

Jimbo26

Reaction score
The road back can be longer for some then others, but with determination, it Can be accomplished.
Looks like you have a decent starting point.
👍 Good luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey yall! Just wanted to say hello and share my story! When I was 18 with my very first 1500 dollars I saved with my adult dollars I purchased a 1979 Bronco. It was a hunk of junk however it was mine. When I was 20 I joined the Army and left my Bronco at my sisters house while I was going to basic training. During that time someone stole my Bronco from her house. I am now 37 years old and about 2 months ago I found it!!!!! I got a call from my Brother-in-law, he told me apparently one of his nephews stole my Bronco way back when ( This side of the family has hundreds of acres in northern Idaho). There was a death on his side of the family so they were doing an estate evaluation and walking the property to divide it up to those who remain and he found the Bronco in the back acres on blocks behind trees that had grown around it. Longer story shortened. Hired a service to cut the trees down and a tow company to transport it and it now rests easy in my driveway after 17 years of me thinking it was lost and gone. Its still not in the best shape, however, she now sits at my house and restoration will soon be underway! I've several vehicles already so this will end up being my first show stopper build. I've got my work cut out for me.. Looks like they cut her up pretty good to fit larger tires for the mud puddles on their property.

In the works 9" lift, 44inch Super Swampers, full exterior and interior resto!!!! I hope to show the progress soon! Keep posted!

Here is how she sits today! Hoping to having her running and somewhat decent in the next month or two!
Thank you for serving our country and welcome back home Brother.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom