New Here... Got A Ford!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboydan

Reaction score
i have had this 87 bronco for a year but only just got it on the road. i have always wanted a 4+4 so this is the first one. i payed 650 can for this beast, and have only put maybe 500 into it. on may long, i went out to maclean creek and beeing a begginer i think it was the worst week to go. i went under a heavy snow warning and boy it go real bad real quick. i ended up submerging the poor thing under 5' sludge!!! i didn't get stuck, but i know now, i need door seals. the turrain was more slime than anything. i dumped my battery and and yanked my started cable off, the truck quit and i had unpacked my tools at camp and was lil' over a mile away. it took 3 small trucks to tow me back. i fixed that issue and then started having charge issues and injested lots of water. when i left, every hole was 2-3 times deeper than when i arrived!. for guys with lifts and huge tires not a big deal, but i have stock suspention,, 31-10.5 a/t with less than 40%. is was a blast and i am going out this weekend but i will have my 33s' that are more mud than a/t. got lots planned for this beast but money sure seems to be an issue. sorry for the long post..... glad to be here!

OP
OP
cowboydan

cowboydan

Reaction score
sorry, just found the intro section.... my bad :-"

dicain

Reaction score
wow! $650 for a 87 were i live they call that grand thieft auto. a rust bucket that doesn't run goes for a grand.

OP
OP
cowboydan

cowboydan

Reaction score
i think i got the truck cheap cause the guy i bought it from is into 78-79 and he couldn't use it for parts, and he had no space for it, so.... yeah, that was bonus for me. the body is exceptionally rusted, but the chassis is in great shape

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK