New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
Hey. How's it going? I got my Bronco about a week ago and I'm lovin' it. I have some plans for it, if I actually get to them. I've already got my stereo hooked up, although I'm going to put in my JBL W10GTi as soon as I build my box. I've had the sub for about 2 months and the material for 1 month. I've just been busy with 2 jobs. School's coming up, too.

Here's a list of my pics: http://members.tccoa.com/93pimpin/Bronco/

Here's the same pics on my CarDomain page: www.cardomain.com/id/ben_cline

Bronco01.jpg

I have over 2,700 posts on one of the other forums I'm on. 165 on SoundIllusions.net. I can post plenty, as long as I have something to post on. I'm usually a wiring guy, dealing with stereos and lighting and some interior working like vinyling and interior painting.

Here are a couple of my profiles:

http://soundillusions.net/Forum/member.php?u=5729

http://forums.tccoa.com/member.php?action=...&threadid=45290

Messenger/E-Mail

MSN: [email protected]

Yahoo!: [email protected]

AOL: Bronco88351 -or- BenCCougar

4xfan78

Reaction score
Nice truck. Its always good to have someone on the site that knows wiring, you never know when you might need some help. Welcome to the zone.

OP
OP
88pimpin

88pimpin

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, guys. I do alright at wiring. I find a lot of stuff on www.the12volt.com as far as relays and other misc. stuff goes. I had part of my MFS go out on my Cougar, so I had to wire my headlights to my remote foglights. That was fun...and kinda cool. I'd like to hook up 4 fogs on my truck. Someone took off the spare tire rack, so I might put a spotlight on there, like in case someone is following too close. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Replace the reverse bulbs with a couple cheapo foglights that were given to me. Who knows...depends on how the living situation goes down this fall.

GTFord

Reaction score
What are you plans for the truck. Do you plan on lifting it. It sounds like you know alot about systems. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate 15" Power HX2's and 2 Lanzar Competition 1500D amps. It knocks a little ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I have some trouble with the power sources. If I'm going to wire up a yellow top Optima battery, should I run it through my altenator or should i just wire it straight to my amps. If I run it straight to the amps I'll have to charge the battery every night... Well any help you can give is appreciated.

OP
OP
88pimpin

88pimpin

Reaction score
What are you plans for the truck. Do you plan on lifting it. It sounds like you know alot about systems. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate 15" Power HX2's and 2 Lanzar Competition 1500D amps. It knocks a little ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I have some trouble with the power sources. If I'm going to wire up a yellow top Optima battery, should I run it through my altenator or should i just wire it straight to my amps. If I run it straight to the amps I'll have to charge the battery every night... Well any help you can give is appreciated.
I would definitely recommend upgrading your alternator. You could use two batteries, but that would increase the strain on the alternator. I would just go with the Optima, upgraded alternator (get a good one, like from www.mralternator.com ) or at least get your original one rebuilt to run hotter, which will put out more power and make it run more efficiently. I would also upgrade the ground wire on the battery, the one going from the chassis to the battery. Check this page out: http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimat...ic;f=5;t=007801

I don't plan on lifting it, but I wanna put 33"s or something close and some 15-16"s on. A brush guard, getting tint, clear corners, and some other little stuff down the road, too.

Some good places for audio are:

www.sounddomain.com in their "open box" section for good new stuff with warranties, and

www.ikesound.com for stuff without warranties. Find what you want, and search it up on the net. I talk on SoundIllusions.net and do some frequent audio discussion.

Thanks a lot for reading my post. It's my b-day today, so I'm gonna try and get my box for my JBL W10GTi built later on, and get ****** too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> L8r!

GTFord

Reaction score
thanks a ton, that website answered alot of my questions. Good luck with the bronco it looks very nice (well all broncs do). I think i'll just buy a new alternator and a yellow top optima. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls