New Door Hinge Check Roller Pin Falls Out, 1996 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BentSpurs

Reaction score
The driver door on our '96 Bronco needed a new "door hinge roller kit" which consists of a new roller and pin so I ordered a Dorman kit (part # 38350). The older roller was worn and was not supplying enough tension when door was fully open to keep it open completely.

Drove out the old pin, removed old roller, placed new roller and tapped in the new pin which promptly fell right through the bracket holes on either side, on to the garage floor. WTH

Got out a micrometer and it's the same diameter as the old one (9/32") so I'm guessing while driving out the old pin some corroded metal in the fittings came with it and opened it up.

Anyone else run into this that came up with a solution?

Thanks!

jdabnabe

Reaction score
The driver door on our '96 Bronco needed a new "door hinge roller kit" which consists of a new roller and pin so I ordered a Dorman kit (part # 38350). The older roller was worn and was not supplying enough tension when door was fully open to keep it open completely.

Drove out the old pin, removed old roller, placed new roller and tapped in the new pin which promptly fell right through the bracket holes on either side, on to the garage floor. WTH

Got out a micrometer and it's the same diameter as the old one (9/32") so I'm guessing while driving out the old pin some corroded metal in the fittings came with it and opened it up.

Anyone else run into this that came up with a solution?

Thanks!
Replace the entire hinge.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom