Radio, Wipers, Windows Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckles1856

Reaction score
All,

I have a '91 Bronco with a 5.8L/Auto. My Rear Antilock light on the dash comes on and suddenly the radio, wipers, and windows don't work. If I jiggle the ignition key switch or push it forward just a bit, everything works again and the light goes off. I replaced the ignition lock and cylinder but that didn't do a thing except give me a new key. I'm thinking it has something to do with the switch inside the column that the lock cylinder fits into but not too sure.

Thoughts?

Ed

--------

'91 5.8L Auto

truckdriva

if it aint broke, fix it anyway!
Reaction score
looking in the ford shop manual(swiped from dealer)everything you're having a problem with runs through circuit breaker #14, but if it goes away when you wiggle the switch, sounds like you may have a grounf problem with the chime module(also run off of circuit breaker #14)

OP
OP
C

chuckles1856

Reaction score
Ya'll-- thanks for all the help with this. It turns out that it was the electric ignition switch. The wires that go into the switch have a clip to hold them in place and I believe it had fallen off. The wires became loose and not making a good connection on the switch. I pushed them back on and haven't had the problem since. I'd take a picture of it but that dog gone switch is in such a tight spot it would be kind of hard.

Thanks again for all the help!

Ed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat