Near completion 5/8s Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Any body wanting a half cab with more storage, this might be your solution. I just needed too store the propane tanks outside the cab, because when they heat up they vent. The side windows are plexy and reused the worn out rubber, bulk head is old freeway signs found in some of my rentals, back window hatch still works for access..

Kinda fun thought I would share.

BBB

threequartercab 001.JPG

threequartercab 002.JPG

threequartercab 004.JPG

threequartercab 011.JPG

S_bolt19

Reaction score
How does it run on propane? Just curious about that. Any power loss? How hard was it to convert? Lets hear some specifics of it.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Any body wanting a half cab with more storage, this might be your solution. I just needed too store the propane tanks outside the cab, because when they heat up they vent. The side windows are plexy and reused the worn out rubber, bulk head is old freeway signs found in some of my rentals, back window hatch still works for access..

Kinda fun thought I would share.

BBB

Thats a sweet idea. Maybe a good place to stash my kid and a small bench seat. The standard half cab isn't cutting it for me unless I get a front bench seat which I don't plan on doing. Maybe one of those Ford Ranger 1/2 cab flip down seats would be cool...?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
bigbluebronc

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
How does it run on propane? Just curious about that. Any power loss? How hard was it to convert? Lets hear some specifics of it.
Runs better then ever on propane, does like too warm up a little if its cold, Its driven on the dirt only(I am street legal though) and gets about 7-9 mpg depends on the trip can idle at 350 it runs on all my steep trails the carb would not, no more clogged filters or carbs or old gas, easy to mounting its all bolt on, body lift helps with air cleaner mounting but not needed i just found a less tall filter and hammered on the lid a little, power seems the same but I recently changed cam and had the heads done with new valves and seals, I actually cammed down for more torque and fuel economy down low in the rpm range, the old cam the po had put in was a high high rpm cam, very happy with the swap, but you gotta now how far your going cause you cant get some gasoline from your buddies truck if you run out...I run a 8 gallon tank first and when that goes, i hook up the 10 gallon and figure its time too head back too the trailer..

On another note I have not been driving it much, I got a 85 yota 4runner strait axles and efi with a lift and 33s 4.88s and detroits front and rear and its clean been trying too break it and see what else it might need its a little more family friendly and i can drive it too the trail, and sleep in the back, need to make it flex alittle better though and it gets 16mph too

all i got back too work for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23