my tach issue has returned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92bronco_in_progress

Yeah its a 92 bronco
Reaction score
my tach issue has returned, the truck idles fine but the tach reads 2500 RPM's, and if i rev the engine the needle moves like it would normally, anyways, i was under the assumption that the tach got its signal off of the module on the side of the distributor, however that module is non-exsistant, the distributor itself is just plugged into the harness, so i have 2 questions:

question 1: am i looking in the right spot as to where the tach gets its signal?

question 2: what do i have to do to fix this problem?

i have no check engine light or anything like that, and no codes have popped up so im a little lost, my chiltons (i know i know get ford service manuals) doesn't say where it gets its signal, it just tells me how to remove the tach out of the cluster

any help is much appreciated

beach8

Reaction score
did you check to see if the tach (many do) have a switch of some sort to set if the eng is 4-6- or 8 cyl. this may cause the incorrect readings, a 4 cyl will red 2x the rpm of an 8 cyl

hope this helps

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo