My 78

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ablediver

Reaction score
Johnnyreb, you got that right. I worked in one company where there was a foundry, and those guys breathed in all kinds of evil stuff from the castings. And on the other side of the foundry, there were people who were buffers, working 8-10 hrs a day on chrome parts, up close and personal. They were always checked for heavy metals in their blood twice a year. You can even get contaminants in bad fills of air, never mind mixed gases, like Nitrox. You're absolutely right, nothing is worth risking your lungs for, ya' gotta be safe...

Ablediver out

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Johnnyreb, you got that right. I worked in one company where there was a foundry, and those guys breathed in all kinds of evil stuff from the castings. And on the other side of the foundry, there were people who were buffers, working 8-10 hrs a day on chrome parts, up close and personal. They were always checked for heavy metals in their blood twice a year. You can even get contaminants in bad fills of air, never mind mixed gases, like Nitrox. You're absolutely right, nothing is worth risking your lungs for, ya' gotta be safe...

Ablediver out
Plus a LITTLE SMALL JOB---CAN ALSO CAUSE BIG HEALTH PROBLEMS. I THOUGHT I would clean a small piece up. Took about 2 minutes,but in a hurry. My throat started burning and later on I had to take x-rays and the found noids on both lungs--which I have to go in every so often and get checked--so use caution and don,t cut corners and get in a hurry.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Plus a LITTLE SMALL JOB---CAN ALSO CAUSE BIG HEALTH PROBLEMS. I THOUGHT I would clean a small piece up. Took about 2 minutes,but in a hurry. My throat started burning and later on I had to take x-rays and the found noids on both lungs--which I have to go in every so often and get checked--so use caution and don,t cut corners and get in a hurry.
I did to in New Athens,I,ll. I worked the night shift. When my shift ended I looked like a coal miner and we never had any respirators. When they talk about government inspectors---I laugh. They do and go where the company leads them. They are on pay offs. Too many greedy people and don,t care about peoples lives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22