My '75 Bronco Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Lover

Reaction score
Nice build! I am in the process currently after owning thr 69 since 1988. Drove it for 3 years and put it in the garage in 91 and hasn't been on the road since. Just a little procrastination lol.
My daughter told someone that it was an off road vehicle. Followed by, "it's been off the road since 91" smart Alec! Lol

OP
OP
B

blksn8k

Reaction score
I also have a 1975 Ranger, the body work on mine was fantastic, the frame and undercarriage were totally undone. Even the recently rebuilt transmission had no third gear. It takes alot of time and money to bring back these Broncos. I've seen some make comments that these early Broncos have a value of about $30,000. or less. Not true, $70,000. for starters just to start justifying some of the process! Really a top notch job, with a lot of thought and some trial and error! The only part of your build is the use of fiberglass that bothers me. Thank you!

Thanks Seabee. My intent for the Bronco is to have something I can actually drive. I didn't build it just to sell for a profit or as a show vehicle. Living in the Rust Belt is a major reason why I decided to replace the rear quarters with 'glass parts. I also enjoy a challenge and installing those particular quarters was definitely that. Because there was virtually no information on how to approach that part of the project I was pretty much on my own. As you said, plenty of trial and error.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Living in the Rust Belt is a major reason why I decided to replace the rear quarters with 'glass parts.
I agree completely. Drive the crap out of it. Enjoy it. They make great show trucks but not what I want it for.

chrlsful

Reaction score
I think all 4 1/4s are glass. It depends on the manufacturer.
I see guys w/the trail clubs where one set shattered and another bounced off the trees'n rocks. I'd go w/the 2nd as they were alot tougher than my metal. I ended doing alot more repair on my metal than they on the 2nd set of glass. Got a 30 ft boat (sail powered ocean racin) that washed up on the riprap during the hurricane. Days of wave action on the rocks and the hull (glass) showed just a few scratches.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks. The seats are comfy but, unfortunately, they are starting to show their age and no one makes replacement leather covers that I can find. I can either buy generic ******** seat covers or have an upholstery shop recover them. The second option ain't cheap and I can buy new aftermarket seats for less. Still deciding...
Yes,but what about the quality and material?

OP
OP
B

blksn8k

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Seabee, I don't live in Cali and corrosion is a real concern over here in the Northeastern rust belt. Hence the fiberglass body panels. Early Broncos that spent their lives here didn't last but a few years before the bodies started to literally fall off. Believe me, I've had a couple of those and I'm sure that is one of the biggest factors in the cost of a restoration. I doubt there are very many from this part of the country that still carry much of their original bodies.

Over this past summer I replaced the old 35x12.50x15 Wild Country tires and who knows what brand 15x10 wheels with a new set of 295-70/R17 General Grabber X3 tires on 4Wheel Parts T-Series (Pro Comp) 17x8.5 wheels with bronze centers. I wanted to use 17's so I could use a wheel with more backspacing that would get the tires further under the body. 15" wheels would not clear the steering knuckles plus I just didn't trust those old tires any longer. Getting the tires tucked in should also draw less attention from the popo.IMG_5695.jpgIMG_5697.jpgIMG_5718.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke