muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90Bronco_EB

Reaction score
Is replacing a muffler/catalytic converter a DIY job? or do i have to take it to the muffler shop? they wanted $300 for the catalytic converter alone.

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
Is replacing a muffler/catalytic converter a DIY job? or do i have to take it to the muffler shop? they wanted $300 for the catalytic converter alone.
'90Bronco_EB',

I did it myself on a "95". However I don't know how much different it is on a "90"? I'm sure you know there are alot of options on the muffler though....From your $29.95- your $400.00 muffler. As far as the catalytic converter....I don't know your laws on emissions?

Good luck!

92broncomann

Reaction score
Yea I would say its a DIY job, but i went ahead and let the shop take care of it, included new high flow cat, 3' of 3" pipe and a magnaflow glasspack plus labor all for like $300, so it just depends on how ya want to go.

92BM

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
IMO mufflers can be a DIY job. When I was a kid, and every penny counted, I did a few. Back then everything was rusted, and it was a filthy job, especially when lying on ones back, and having rust fall into one's eyes. Certainly a job I would let a muffler shop do, if I could afford the difference in price.

Boomballs

Reaction score
Due to current emission law, mufflers shops can "lose their liscense" if they take off your catalytic converter. Just what I was told by about 10 mechancis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23