more rpm's = more squeeking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cj_92Bronco

Reaction score
Sup yall. I have a '92 5.0 and ive had this problem for a while. Ive slowly been replacing parts that I think are the problem cause it really does sound like a bearing. once the truck has been driven for like 30-45 minutes the bearing gets warmer and expands and doesnt make as much of a noise, but ive replaced the belt, tension pulley, water pump, alternator, and im thinking about replacing the power steering pump and pulley cause i can see a little wobble with the pulley. also, if you push the pulley into the pump theres about 1/4 inch of give, then it sets back when i let go, is that ammount of movement normal? anyways does anyone have any advice?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
The loud screech at start-up is often the power steering pump. A common cure for it is a Saginaw pump replacement, which will also improve the steering alot, JSM84

OP
OP
C

cj_92Bronco

Reaction score
The loud screech at start-up is often the power steering pump. A common cure for it is a Saginaw pump replacement, which will also improve the steering alot, JSM84
the squeak is always happening do you think the PS pump is doing that, like where it hits the belt?i plan on replacing it anyways but i want to get rid of that sound

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yes, the belt slips on the pulley at start-up, then the noise goes away. I don't believe there should be any slack in the pulley shaft. The Cardone brand Saginaw pump is a direct bolt-on for the Bronco, I have that one on the 84 and 78 Broncos. JSM84

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23