Manual Transmission Ebox under dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shift1313

Reaction score
While pulling my dash apart i found a black box attached to my steering column(85) that im not sure what it does. The sticker is messed up but what i can pull from it tells me its a manual transmission OEM style controller, or something along those lines. Ill try to pull it today and get the part number off it.

The truck has a manual 4speed, carb, manual shift tcase. what would this box do? the speed comes from the Tcase and its a cable. There is no overdrive on this tranny.

very odd. but it definitely says manual transmission on it.

ill post a pic later after i get the rest of the dash apart.

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
im not sure what command start is but im going to say no:)

I traced everything out, its a cruise control module. I think i found out this truck had an aftermarket cruise and AC system installed in it. Its not going back in though. The ac and cruise never worked. I did find where the ac wasnt hooked up to power though. Neither was the cruise.

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
PA190014.jpg

I also found that the wires were bundled in E-tape and whoever installed this thing was nice enough to wrap up the wiring instructions, only they didnt realize the tape would rip them apart:)

here is the ac box

PA190011.jpg

it was totally separate from the heater box and tapped in to a few places that didnt look factory. The fact that it has its own blower and everything made me think it was aftermarket, oh and the crappy job they did of cutting holes in the firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula