m90 supercharger on 302

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gnarly_bronco_kid

Lead foot
Reaction score
I want to supercharge my 302 for a good price. I can get an m90 eaton supercharger for my 302 it's only around $250 bucks for a used one. I don't know how much horsepower I'll gain though. This supercharger usually puts out around 6-10 psi. Is it worth it?

Yardape

Reaction score
The Eaton Model 90 supercharger was engineered for 3.0L to 5.7L passenger cars and light truck engines. It was designed as a compact, flexible supercharger for increased power without adversely affecting fuel economy. The M90 has proven to be suitable for other engine sizes depending on overall system requirements.

Most installations see a realistic 40% plus increase in power output.

Eaton Superchargers will work effectively in any orientation (Flat, upside down, on edge).

Different length drives are available, giving the custom installer flexibility in the placement of the supercharger.

The M90 is available for counter rotating engines (2 Piece Drive).

A Bypass Valve is included with every supercharger, two different Bypass Valves are available, one that mounts directly on the intake port, and one for remote mount.

OP
OP
gnarly_bronco_kid

gnarly_bronco_kid

Lead foot
Reaction score
Is it worth it, to use a supercharger designed for a V6? No
I'd guesstimate you'd gain a whole 25-35 HP
Alright well I was also wondering about a turbo. I want to put a turbo or supercharger but I want to do it at low cost. I can get a turbo from a friend but it's off a deisel, and that's where my next question comes in. Can you put any turbo in with any engine if you have all the hoses and what not?

Also I found an m90 for only $250 it seems like that would be worth a 30-40 hp gain. But again I'm not sure.

OP
OP
gnarly_bronco_kid

gnarly_bronco_kid

Lead foot
Reaction score
yeah I know they're all over the place I'm not kidding. check ebay out. I'm going to get the supercharger but I'm not sure if it bults to my intake manifold or replaces it entirly.

Yardape

Reaction score
If your that serious about a power adder, just get some nitrous, then you know it will fit.

OP
OP
gnarly_bronco_kid

gnarly_bronco_kid

Lead foot
Reaction score
no thanks to nitrous, I like to keep my pistons inside of my engine block instead of watching then shoot through my hood. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23