Low idle in reverse??-Weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednek

Reaction score
I've got a problem. When I put it in reverse from park it doesnt like to keep a steady idle. It really likes to go from 200Rpm to 700Rpm back and forth until it dies.

just a idle adjustment???

(I don't know how to adjust these dam EFI engines.)

Christhefordlover

Reaction score
sorry dude idk what to say...hmm my guess would be either take it to a parts center such as napa or etc...or ford but they will charge the **** outta ya !!! or try buying a computer programmer for it. it will give u more power and let u adjust most anything...

just what i know but im way new to mechanics...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

88BroncoBlack

Reaction score
i have the same problem and every once in awhile it will bounce a little and die when im sittin at a stop in gear, and ive replaced about everything, i dont get it either

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
i have the same problem and every once in awhile it will bounce a little and die when im sittin at a stop in gear, and ive replaced about everything, i dont get it either
88BroncoBlack

Why not start a separate thread and ask for help?

Try to give us as much information about what the problem is, and exactly what steps you have taken to clear the problem up.

It would also be nice if you let us know what mechanical abilites you have, and if you have any tools.

Do you have a reference book like chiltons, or Haynes?

joe

Last edited by a moderator:

88BroncoBlack

Reaction score
i do have a thread open with tons of replies, never fixed yet, i do have the mechanical ability and tools to build an engine

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
i do have a thread open with tons of replies, never fixed yet, i do have the mechanical ability and tools to build an engine
Oh yes.. I searched and found that thread... after you pulled codes you found that you had a bad Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23