looking for possible solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
:wacko: I am swaping in a rear axle from an 02 F150 (8.8) with rear disc brakes. The concern I am running into is the lug bolt pattern difference. I am torn with a couple of options, please gimme some in put. I am considering buying axle spacers that the reduce the bolt patter on the rear. Also considering trying to find wheels that have both lug patterns on them. Has anyone done this before? :)>-

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
Doesnt the 02 have 7 lug studs ?
20671[/snapback]

No the 02 does not have seven studs. Some F150's do have a seven lug pattern, they are the 7700gvw. Nice trucks just no aftermarket equip.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
I dont think they make an adapter for that yet . If theres enough meat on the axle ****** you could ( depending on your fab skills and access to equipment ) mark a 5.5 bolt cirlce and redrill them and knock in new studs or you could take them to a machine shop and have it done but Im thinking thats your only option right now . Also have to check the brake size ( diameter ) to make sure after you change the bolt pattern you can fit the new rotor on there . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

fordfanatic75

Reaction score
not sure if this will work for you, but it did for me,mine is an 88" and i changed out my front hub assembly with a 6 lug 44 and found a bronc with a 6 lug rear and measured and pulled the axles and swapped out for my stock 5-5 1/2, in essence find a ford with an 8.8 and the right bolt pattern and maybe? like i said don't know the fords technical real well but it did work for me!

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Actually I didnt think about that . Measure your axle housing from the end to where the cast center section starts if its the same length as an older one and the axle shaft itself is the same diameter then you could use the older axles in your newer housing to change the bolt pattern so if there the same length and the same diameter this is important because the 8.8 uses the axle surface as the inner race of the bearing then youd be all set . The front will be a different story because you have the true IFS in yours so I believe the spindles are way different . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BLADE262US

Reaction score
www.spidertrax.com makes wheel spacers that change the bolt pattern Im goona get a set from them that change from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 . You might want to call them seems they make them inhouse so maybe they could make ya something . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />