Lifting a TTB Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yardape

Reaction score
ok so i have a 4 inch superlift already and i want to add 2". What do yall recommend i do? But i am not taking off the 4 to get a bigger susp lift.
I would just throw in a 2 or 3 inch body lift in there. There are a ton of neigh sayers on body lifts but Ive owned mine about 6 years now with a 3 inch body lift and the only trouble I have had is overheating and maybe a bit of sloppy steering from the steering shaft being extended too far

89eddie89

Reaction score
I would just throw in a 2 or 3 inch body lift in there. There are a ton of neigh sayers on body lifts but Ive owned mine about 6 years now with a 3 inch body lift and the only trouble I have had is overheating and maybe a bit of sloppy steering from the steering shaft being extended too far

[/quot

So what did u do with ur bumpers? Did u leave them how they are?

4eyelove

Reaction score
On 4 inch lifts and greater, the only solution is to lower the axle and radius arm pivot points by installing longer brackets so that they are in their original position in relation to the wheels. And that, boys and girls, is why you have to buy the extended brackets and can't just slap a set of longer springs from your F-350 on it. B)

Edit:

This post may belong in the "Tech Support" or "How To" forum. If that's the case, maybe a Moderator will move it. :)>-
you can also cut and turn the beams or get extended beams that will be better than any drop bracket out there, wayyyy more travel

King

Reaction score
about the TTB suspension, I may be picking up a 1985 Bronco, but it's got a 6 inch lift and sits on 35" tires. How do I tell if the steering is correct, or if anything else has been realigned properly?

stusainte

Reaction score
Hey not sure if your lift has this option or not I have a rough country 4" lift on my 95 and it has the option of raising to 6" bolt holes already drilled from factory just make sure you check pitman arm and brakelines exct. good luck

Catfishman

Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo