lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rostheiceman

rostheiceman

Reaction score
yeah its for my 82 it has a 5 to 6 inch body lift is that good or should i do the susp,

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
ditch the body lift (or at least drop it to a 3 inch) and go suspension, that amount of body lift is unsafe and i doubt ill be the only one to chime in on that factor.

vincendebbie

vincendebbie
Reaction score
ditch the body lift (or at least drop it to a 3 inch) and go suspension, that amount of body lift is unsafe and i doubt ill be the only one to chime in on that factor.

Blues is right, 5 inches is too much body lift. Take it from someone who takes Ford bodies off the frames almost everyday. The most you should go is 3 inches with the body. The body becomes more and more unstable and looses it's rigidy/sturdiness the higher you go. The suspension lift is the best way to go. If you are going to do the suspension then make sure you use no blocks. Get all of the good hard equipment to do it right. Rough Country offers a good selection of lifts. Personally for what you are wanting to do I would go with the 3 inches of body lift and 6 inches of suspension. I am running 35's on my 94 with that set up and have plenty of room to spare. Good luck. --Vince

Shadow_D

Reaction score

Yea I have to agree... Body lifts are unsafe in my opinion. I don't like any kind of body lift but if you must, keep it under 3"...

Yardape

Reaction score
Wow 6 inch body lift, thats huge. I agree with the others. Thats way too big, your playing with fire there.

BB33's

Reaction score
I have absolutely no faith in body lifts, they are cheap, and dangerous. My buddy installed one on a Jeep Wagoneer and it was only 2 inches. About three weeks ago he panic stopped in traffic and the front body spacer bolts broke and his body slid forward on the frame and he is now walking to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23