lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAdams

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 1996 Ford bronco xlt i've been debating on getting a lift kit and i think a 4" is about as big as i want. im wanting something with articulation and flexing with extended radius arms but what do you guys think. Also i think a soft top would be really cool for summertime, do you guys no of any?

All suggestions are appreciated! thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronc76

Reaction score
i think 4" is fine for what you want to do, you may or may not need longer brake lines and i dont think you have to extend the driveshaft either. as far as name brand i like superlift because i think it has a softer ride than skyjacker, but i have both lifts on two vehicles. what size tire do you plan on running? the soft top is cool in summertime.

Yardape

Reaction score
Everyone that has asked me this this question in person, I have always reccommended the 6 inch lift kit. I can't think of anyone that I have been able to change their mind from 4 to 6 before the install. Every single person I told to get a 6 inch regretted the 4 and wished they had the 6. So they had to pay twice for everything and pay me twice to install the lift kit. One good benefit will be the bolts will not be seized when you go to change to the 6 inch when you realize 4 isnt enough. If you decide for sure you want a 4 inch, get the pivot brackets with the 4 and 6 inch holes, that will make the swap to a 6 inch that much easier if you so happen to want the 6 down the road.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
BA, after installing several 4" and 6" lift kits of different brands, I actually prefer a basic 4" kit with 33" tires for a daily driver and weekend trail rig. Some folks can only go 4" and still drive into their garage. I do recommend the extended radius arms, since they will help with wheel travel, are stronger than the stock ones, and are usually bent inboard to allow for better turning without too much tire rub. IF you go 6", I strongly suggest the longer arms for those reasons plus making alignment easier. JSM84

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
Everyone that has asked me this this question in person, I have always reccommended the 6 inch lift kit. I can't think of anyone that I have been able to change their mind from 4 to 6 before the install. Every single person I told to get a 6 inch regretted the 4 and wished they had the 6. So they had to pay twice for everything and pay me twice to install the lift kit. One good benefit will be the bolts will not be seized when you go to change to the 6 inch when you realize 4 isnt enough. If you decide for sure you want a 4 inch, get the pivot brackets with the 4 and 6 inch holes, that will make the swap to a 6 inch that much easier if you so happen to want the 6 down the road.
Yardape,

Great advise! I wish someone would of talked me into the 6" lift! I went with the 4" and 33" rubber. And of course...almost imediately after finishing up with it, found myself wishing I went bigger!

P.S. I think it was Bronc76 that had suggested the Superlift? I second that. I'm very pleased with their product!

Last edited by a moderator:

rubberdust

Reaction score
Getting into the garage is a major pain with a 6" lift having to let ALL the air out the tires just to get it in or out. But if your looking to go with 35" you'll need to go that big.

POTTER

Reaction score
I am working up to this right now and wanted a 4 for a long time...but seeing the price difference is minimal, and doing alot of the same work to install, I decided to go with a 6 inch. I am picking up 35's as well so a 6 is necessary to clear these...lol. I would say do a 6..more than likely, you are going to want to go up a little higher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23