Keyless entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b2girl

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with keyless entry?

I'm thinking about getting it installed in my b2 and was wondering if it's worth it and what brands would be recommended based on opinion! I do have power locks, not sure if that info is needed!

My reasoning for wanting it is Digging out the door key vs the ignition key in a mall parking lot at night just isn't a good time. Lol. So please anyone with experience, give me your opinions/recommendations!

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Some "Keyless" can be hacked.... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMHO (& nationally recommended)  you should (when you exit the store door) have your keys in

your hand, with some keys laced between you fingers.   This serves as a "defense" weapon.

Also, in bad areas.., have a clerk or store mgr. ****** you to your vehicle.

Park in a well lighted spot & look inside (front & back) & around vehicle B4 entering.

These steps (above) especially if you frequent a parking area.

Safety..., "job 1" ---------- >:D< <'>

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
b2girl

b2girl

Reaction score
I do everything except have an ******. I typically carpool to work but retail shifts don't always allow us to have the same schedule. I live and work in a fairly "safe" area. I'm just a bit over cautious!

That being said I appreciate the input! I never thought about a keyless system being hacked.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Also.., these days,

if my lady left work, or anywhere else after dark.., I'd have her trained on mase & tazer at least.

What with all the creeps & felons on the streets,   :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  >:)   & more to come.., you can't be too safe...

OP
OP
b2girl

b2girl

Reaction score
i took a few gun safety classes and I do have my cwp/cpl. i do carry mase as well.

I usually keep my truck pretty empty. Especially since you can see just about every square inch inside with all the windows! Lol. I may revisit the keyless entry later on.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I put keyless on The Beast. It was recommended to wire into the passenger side lock switch as the wiring was a little less confusing. I got a Valient unit, but the instructions were extremely basic.  I would recommend having a specialty automotive install a unit if you aren't very well versed in wiring.  The extra cost would be worth it after fighting poor instructions for 3 hours.

Be safe out there whatever you do.

OP
OP
b2girl

b2girl

Reaction score
I like to think I'm a pretty good shot.. Especially since I'm a bird hunter! Which was my main reason for getting the b2.

yeah I'm not good with wiring. I usually have my brother do it but I think if I do get the keyless entry id pay to have it done so that it gets done right. my power lock on the driver side doesn't work so I was hoping to get two things done at once if I decide to go the keyless route.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke