k&n intake offroad/ mudd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilystbronco

Reaction score
i got a k&n fipk intake on my 95 5.0 and i was wondering if anybody who also has one or had one has had any problems offroad,like geting mudd and water in it. cuz i was gunna go throuhg this pretty big mudd hole and i didnt do it cuz i was concerned that i would get water in it and vapor lock my motor. is this really a problem? and what can i do to fix this?

Blue beast

Reaction score
Get a piece of sewer pipe that goes around the filter get an elbow for the pipe and a cap, make a mount to secure the pipe to so it doesn't

pull on your filter or hoses, slip the elbow on the pipe and then the cap on the other end of the elbow(you'll need a 4 inch piece of pipe to connect)

drill holes in the cap 1/2 to 3/4 on the face and the side of it. put some screen material in the elbow to help block big chunks of mud or muddy

water to an extent. Put some weather stripping on the open end of the pipe so it fits tight around the filter base. Slide this on when you go mudding

and either keep the elbow facing down or at least at a downward angle so if mud or water gets in it runs back out instead of to the filter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23