IS THERE A NEW BRONCO ON THE WAY ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
muddridder

muddridder

Reaction score
If they make it...I want to see a FULL SIZE BRONCO......I f it looked anything like that,Full Size with a lift kit and some Fat 38s......O-HELLYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW THAT WOULD LOOK WICKED HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

celticpiper71

Reaction score
Ive read the posts and have seen the web sites.I beleive from what ive read the chasis is probabely gonna be base on an escape chasis.Which i beleive is gonna be small for a BRONCO.I think this is fords attempt at trying to make a big name into a small package and that kind of ****** me off because as we know the bronco was always based on a F150.That thing there is nothing more than a broncoII with silver paint and a removable top.The front looks like a nissan frontier and the back looks tucked like someones chasing it with a *******.THAT and its a very small deisel engine Its gotta be small.Im all for fuel saving concepts but to me THATS NOT A BRONCO.

OP
OP
muddridder

muddridder

Reaction score
Ive read the posts and have seen the web sites.I beleive from what ive read the chasis is probabely gonna be base on an escape chasis.Which i beleive is gonna be small for a BRONCO.I think this is fords attempt at trying to make a big name into a small package and that kind of ****** me off because as we know the bronco was always based on a F150.That thing there is nothing more than a broncoII with silver paint and a removable top.The front looks like a nissan frontier and the back looks tucked like someones chasing it with a *******.THAT and its a very small deisel engine Its gotta be small.Im all for fuel saving concepts but to me THATS NOT A BRONCO.
Do you think that is what they are trying to do is cash in on the Bronco name or are they trying to go retro and look like the orginal Bronco.It looks alot like a 66 but more modern.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I've seen the concept in person and I liked what I saw. It is a lot like the "EB" with a 4 cylinder Diesel motor. The truck was made of aluminum and had a full length skid plate.

From what I heard a couple of years ago, the canned the idea. If they have changed there minds, this would be great. At the time the price tag was going to be in the $65K range which I though was way too high.

02183_09.jpg

02183_07.jpg

02183_22.jpg

The square ports are the exhaust tips.

02183_13.jpg

02183_14.jpg

Interior done in leather and what looks like aluminum. Notice the "paddle shifters" on the steering column.

02183_08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Outkast

Reaction score
if it is built on a ford escape chassis im afraid it will lose the abilty to a great 4 wheeler(isnt the escape all IFS suspension??). its just like how chevy made their blazers smaller for better gas milage, and those things are so ******** looking, but I do like how the new bronco is made to look like the EB its better than compacting a once fullsize truck like the blazers.

WPW Bronco

Reaction score
I like the idea of Ford resusitating the Bronco's, but that "Classic" Bronco/Bronco II design looks like a cheap rip off to me. I've followed the story on that since it was first thrown out there by the Ford Skunkworks back in 04. The also threw out this design in '06 which I would love to see come true. If they came out with this baby, I'd be one of the first in line to buy it, especially if they put the 3.2 liter diesel in it they are talking about putting in the F-150's come the '09 line. Chew this one over boys!!

2008_Concept_Bronco.jpg

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Maybe it's me but it just doesn't have that Bronco look to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The first one, EB Style, looks more like a Bronco than this newer one.

Matt_V

Have Bronco....need money.
Reaction score
Maybe it's me but it just doesn't have that Bronco look to me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The first one, EB Style, looks more like a Bronco than this newer one.
^^^ Yeah.

I thought I was looking at a single cab SuperDuty pickup with a topper. Nothing special looking there except it does look more full size than the other.

.... but then again, I guess a lot of the Broncos (80-96) DID look like single cab pickups with toppers....hmmm.

OP
OP
muddridder

muddridder

Reaction score
I've seen the concept in person and I liked what I saw. It is a lot like the "EB" with a 4 cylinder Diesel motor. The truck was made of aluminum and had a full length skid plate. From what I heard a couple of years ago, the canned the idea. If they have changed there minds, this would be great. At the time the price tag was going to be in the $65K range which I though was way too high.

02183_09.jpg

02183_07.jpg

02183_22.jpg

The square ports are the exhaust tips.

02183_13.jpg

02183_14.jpg

Interior done in leather and what looks like aluminum. Notice the "paddle shifters" on the steering column.

02183_08.jpg
It looks wicked hot!!!! It would be better if it was full size!!!!

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I like the idea of Ford resusitating the Bronco's, but that "Classic" Bronco/Bronco II design looks like a cheap rip off to me. I've followed the story on that since it was first thrown out there by the Ford Skunkworks back in 04. The also threw out this design in '06 which I would love to see come true. If they came out with this baby, I'd be one of the first in line to buy it, especially if they put the 3.2 liter diesel in it they are talking about putting in the F-150's come the '09 line. Chew this one over boys!!
Thats my drawing!!

I am a fan of the Big Bronco because it makes for one tough utility/multi-purpose vehicle built on a frame and axles for hauling loads shed of about a thousand pounds and it last a long time. I love the rear half convertible too which is the best of both worlds in function and style.

If Ford wants to build a retro Bronco like the one that started the love of that type vehicle I am all for it even if it is on the Escape format chassis. I guess it should be small and efficient since we will be begging for fuel in the future.

More drawings from Jed.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Tennessee-Jed/Car-Designs/2008-B-250-*******.jpg

2005Bronco.jpg

2005BroncoSafari.jpg

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
i like the EB looking one better but to stay with the claccic bronco feel the topper better come off.. if it doesnt then that just ruins the whole idea for me.

Bronk351

Reaction score
If they went with the superduty style i think it would look the best... But everyone knows how heavy those trucks are with or without the short wheel base. I wouldnt take it offroad. Now the 150 style i think would be a killer idea. Other than the half window thing, if they left that out and made the door a tad bit bigger it would be a hot truck.

keeprollling

Reaction score

Matt_V

Have Bronco....need money.
Reaction score
The Excursion one and the Equator one resemble the GM Avalanche, not a Bronco.

The Explorer version more resembles a Bronco.. but still not quite.

Just my 2 cents.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
The newest reports I have read state that the Ranger being long overdue for a redesign, is actually being discontinued in favor of a new F-100 due out for the 2010 model year. The F-100 is going to be a totally new design, mid size truck, more along the size of the current Toyota Tacoma.

The new platform is also rumored as being used as the test bed for a new solid axle 2 door sport utility vehicle.

I don't remember where I stumbled across the story, but, as others have said, I will believe it when I see it.

Found it...

http://www.autosavant.net/2008/04/ranger-i...ive-ranger.html

Last edited by a moderator:

GuitarPunk2512

Reaction score
i hate the new bronco...really i hate every truck, van, car that has come out since 05 really. it seems liek each year every car gets thrown into the future further and further and to me they look worse and worse. what happen to the original look of the ford f-150 from 1980's-1990's? or the broncos? or the vans? everything has the huge grill on the front with the huge headline and everything has these huge box like bodies while cars are going with that weird looking egg shape that the prius has. i wish i was old enough to drive when the good looking trucks came out in the 90's.....but im 16 now and about to enter the driving world with each year the cars getting uglier and more advanced and gas prices that keep going up so getting an older truck wont be so good econimically. all i no is i love the way my dads 1988 black f-150 truck with the lift kit and big tires look but its old and the frame is rotting and has problems and i want a bronco from the early to mid 90's because they look amazing, its ashame what companies are turning the great trucks and cars into this decade....im afraid whats to come in the future =\ am i the only one who feels this way about trucks that are coming out now? i hop eim not the only one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph