Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG ACE

Reaction score
Hey what’s up broncozone community? Just reaching out to introduce myself and my truck, it’s a 96 Eddie Bauer. Not original paint, it has a 5.8 automatic 4 x4 with a 4.10 front and rear diff on 35 cooper stt and a 2.5 rough country suspension lift , 5100 billstein quad shocks front and rear. Upgraded extra 1000lbs on the leaf springs from general springs and custom roof rack. It has a 3 inch straight pipe exhaust with magnaflow and black tip. I named it Squatchy. I’ve been adding and tuning this rig for two years, I’ve been Overlanding Cali,Washington,Oregon,Arizona,Nevada,Utah,Wyoming,Colorado and New Mexico. I’m heading to Montana in May. It’s been a dependable beast, my first Ford and now holds a special place in my life. We hope to join you guys on a Squatchy Adventure in the near future.9BC3EC8E-5935-46CC-ADD9-FB97C3E0FDA5.jpeg6C68E4D2-12EF-4A8F-8DA2-021177DB7BE5.jpeg5C8FB382-AF26-4819-BD0E-532CDCF66ADA.jpeg44D65BB8-DDE1-4B81-B4E2-B783202E5146.jpeg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey what’s up broncozone community? Just reaching out to introduce myself and my truck, it’s a 96 Eddie Bauer. Not original paint, it has a 5.8 automatic 4 x4 with a 4.10 front and rear diff on 35 cooper stt and a 2.5 rough country suspension lift , 5100 billstein quad shocks front and rear. Upgraded extra 1000lbs on the leaf springs from general springs and custom roof rack. It has a 3 inch straight pipe exhaust with magnaflow and black tip. I named it Squatchy. I’ve been adding and tuning this rig for two years, I’ve been Overlanding Cali,Washington,Oregon,Arizona,Nevada,Utah,Wyoming,Colorado and New Mexico. I’m heading to Montana in May. It’s been a dependable beast, my first Ford and now holds a special place in my life. We hope to join you guys on a Squatchy Adventure in the near future.View attachment 22320View attachment 22321View attachment 22322View attachment 22323
That's awesome. Did you buy it new in 96? How many miles does it have now?

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Got to hit Glacier national park in Montana. The "going to the sun" road is a epic drive..... and if you enjoy history read up on how they made the road.
Welcome … AWESOME Bronco

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo BIG ACE,
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the best year Big Bronco EVER known to man and woman kind!! It does look vg, Well Done!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Al

OP
OP
BIG ACE

BIG ACE

Reaction score
Yo BIG ACE,
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the best year Big Bronco EVER known to man and woman kind!! It does look vg, Well Done!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Al
Thank you, will check it all out, and yes, the ladies do like it.😜

OP
OP
BIG ACE

BIG ACE

Reaction score
That's awesome. Did you buy it new in 96? How many miles does it have now?
I actually bought it 3 years ago with147000 miles. But put a lot of work into,transmission,joints,bushings,transfer case,etc.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thank you, will check it all out, and yes, the ladies do like it.😜
Best bronco year ever? You must have one Mike? What happened to the 78 you had? With all the computer-electric problems the 96 has. Why not one without all that electronic problems ?

OP
OP
BIG ACE

BIG ACE

Reaction score
Hey guys got new pics of squatchy, added decals. Would like your thoughts on or off. I took my son on a 5 state ride through storms,flash floods and desert off roading.

Attachments

• 20210801_193646.jpg
    20210801_193646.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210801_204434.jpg
    20210801_204434.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210801_170255.jpg
    20210801_170255.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 9

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo BIG ACE,

... have VIN ready.

Al
Mike, I thought the 78-79 were.hahahaha

OP
OP
BIG ACE

BIG ACE

Reaction score
Yes, it’s a smitty built. I got a little excited and tried to figure how to carry it and decided to mount on the hood after seeing others in different locations. Works fine there with no problem but after awhile I was thinking, maybe I should have not done it.🤔 now I’m thinking of removing it and fixing the hood. Going back to the standard jack and using a wide block for ground height and support. What’s your take? I’m open for suggestions.

Falcon1965

Reaction score
Really nice ride welcome to Bronco Zone just ni sure of that one background is that salt or sugar haven't seen that this far south in Alabama

OP
OP
BIG ACE

BIG ACE

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, ill try the planks. The white in background was in the tonto national forest in Arizona. 1/21 thank you for the welcome Johnny. We took off last weekend from Coachella California to Idaho and just got back. Got hit with a lightning storm in bear lake then rain and thunder in Logan utah in the forest 😖 quite an adventure. We got to Nevada to the land of fire and got flash floods that's when we pulled over to have lunch then finished off with fireworks and trails in the desert. The bronco just doesn't quit.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo BIG ACE,

... have VIN ready.

Al
hahhaahahha,good one Mike. Did you say the 78 was the best .When you had it? haha Or did you just UP DATED your LIKE. Hope your eyes are doing alot better.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke