Interchangable seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael1989

Reaction score
I have an '89 full size bronco and I need new front seats. Since I can't find "1989 bronco seats good condition", I thought I might ask what seats from other car makes and models would have the same bolt pattern and fit comfortably inside the cab. I know the F-150 seats would fit, but what else? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Michael,

I ass ume you need buckets in front, so see my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=312 for many Swap LINKs, such as;

"...Just wanted to mention that the seat bolt paterns on the floor are NOT the same between a 88-91 model and a 92-96. I dont know where during those years it changed, But I bought a replacement bucket from a 95, and it would not just bolt into the 88 that I own. The holes in the front are about 2 Inches narrower in the front on the newer bucket. I swapped the Older track onto the newer seat, and once again, it isnt a simple bolt it up and your good. The front bolts line up good, but you have to drill and tap the rear bolts..."

Source: by TnMtnMan

Installation & mount mod (88 Saab 5000 Turbo) in an 89

Source: by Andrew K (Andy351, das panzer, sloppy seconds, the magic carpet)

Installation (04 Dodge Pick Up) in an 88

Source: by BUSTERBRONCO

Installation (F250) in an 85

Source: by Chris B (Blue, bronco boy)

If I assumed wrong, here is my Bench section http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=311

GL!

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Michael,

You seem to be jumping all around on your Bronco. Did you fix the starting problem yet?

Point is, work on a problem and find a solution. Then move on to the next. I like to believe all the members here are more than happy to help you out, and heavens knows we all will need help sometime.

Bully Bob had some good advice posted on your question about your alternator. Understand you are welcome here, and we are pleased to have you. If you could better your basic knowledge, we may be able to communicate better.

Now, regarding the seats....I have been working on things that move for 40 yrs, and I find seat swaps some of the most aggravating things to get done correctly on a vehicle.

Thank the stars for Miesk5 and his links. Otherwise, learn to weld, and fabricate, or find a good friend who can.

Good Luck

Keep wrenching

OP
OP
michael1989

michael1989

Reaction score
Thanks, I decided to work on something else until I take the alternator in to be tested this weekend. I like to work on smaller problems, and my dad helps me on the larger ones. I got it for $800 off of craigslist so it has some problems, but I have other vehicles that I can use until my bronco is running reliably. thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj