Insurance Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I got an email today to remind me my car insurance was comming due, which prompted me to share some info.

If your vehicle is 15 yrs old or more you may qualify for "collector, or specialty" insurance. This is MUCH cheeper than standard insurance.

I pay about 1/2 a regular yearly premium.

The coverages are usually very complete. If you have a vehicle of any type that you use for recreation, just towing, offroading, etc. you may be able to get a policy that will give you the coverage you want at greatly reduced prices.

Most of the standard ins, companies don't have this type of ins. but you can check and get quotes from most web sites for these companies.

I can't remember them all so google "collector car insurance" and check them out.

Krafty

Reaction score
you just can't use your Collector car or truck for school, work or business driving. if you are on your way to work and get in an accident where you need to make a claim, they won't cover you. that might also count as fraud

Krafty

Reaction score
is there an age restriction on the owner of the vehicle where they have to be over say the age of 30 to insure a 25 year or older vehicle as a "classic", or "Collector" car or truck?

Krafty

Reaction score
also read the fine print on what they will not cover for. this company leaves alot of us bronco and truck guys out. but keep looking. I want to ask my insurance company (state farm) about it when my car comes out next spring. I won't tell them about the eventual intended use of the car.

"Sorry, We do not offer coverage for all vehicles.

Lant & Co. Insurance Brokers Ltd. does not offer insurance for:

Motorcycles, Trikes or All-Terrain Vehicles

Any vehicles used in any type of racing activities (time trials, drifting, burnout competitions etc.)- (this leaves my car out. Krafty.)

Any vehicles used for towing/hauling, camping, off-road or utility-type driving or commercial use

Pro-street vehicles modified exclusively with racing equipment such as wheelie castors, parachutes etc. (show-use only vehicles may be given consideration)

Tuners or any vehicles used in Stereo/Sound competitions or shows

Any vehicle powered by Nitrous Oxide, Propane, Alcohol or Nitro Methane fuel systems - ( also leaves my car out. Krafty)

Homemade or Handmade vehicles. Professionally built vehicles may be given consideration."

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Rons beast

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Good questions Krafty. The age of the owner/driver will no doubt effect the premium, but I don't think it will disquallify the vehicle.

There are alot of specialty insurers out there. The standard companie like State farm, Alstate, etc. will be alot more selective.

I don't want to name any specific companies, because I'm not in insurance and don't want to be seen as endorsing any company.

As I said Googe it and skip the usual top companies and look deeper. It took me some time to find the right company and even longer for my father-in-law, who restores model "A"s and wanted expanding coverage during restoration.

I know it woun't help most of the guys here, but if the info saves a few bucks...well... there's parts money.

bobstrat

Reaction score
my cousin has a 64 1/2 mustang that has been registered and insured as a classic, or maybe it's antique? anyway, the insurance limitations are based on annual mileage. he can drive it to work, just not every day.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I pay $32 per month with uninsured motor protection. Don't think I'll get any cheaper than that..lol

Plus in CO I know you can only drive *** amount of miles per year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco