Installing windows in a 67 hard top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpswhip71

Reaction score
Bought a 67 hardtop on C.L. and the glass was wrapped up in towels. First off there is a different part number listed for rear two 1/4 windows so is there a left and rt? Also would like to tint the glass while I have it out. So my first Q; is how do I know Lft from rt or does it matter? and second I heard to use a string and silicone spray to install the glass could someone that knows the trick please explain to the window rookie?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi jp welcome..!

A bit unclear..., the removable hardtop has 3 glass panels. The liftgate, & 1 ea. on the pass. & driver side.

"First off there is a different part number listed for rear two 1/4 windows so is there a left and rt?"

RU refering to some sort of wind-wing for the side glass..? If so.., that's an aftermarket set-up.

I can't help with the install.., I took mine to an auto glass shop. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jpswhip71

jpswhip71

Reaction score
All parts are listed with Lft and rt #s on line. I need to know if there is an outside or inside to these or if it realy makes a rats ass if I install them backwards ... There is 3 pieces of glass 2ea. 1/4 windows and the liftgate window. I just don't know if theres a saftey glass side that needs to go a certain direction, I'm not thinking so with this year.

OP
OP
jpswhip71

jpswhip71

Reaction score
Bronco Graveyard came through, The glass dosn't matter but there is a left and right seal for the rear 1/4 glass. Dennis Carpenter Ford reproduction parts www.dennis-carpenter.com shipped out by B.G. showed up with specific directions on how to perform the window install with pictorals and all.

Thank you Jeff...BTW I ordered the seal kits and the window gaskets for the entire top, they are heavy duty, thick and well made, the only thing that I can suggest if you order some for yourself is to make sure to pay a little extra for the O.E.M. style. Well worth the dollar spent.

mikeiam82

Reaction score
they are easy and with experience can be installed by yourself but should always have minimum of 2. the glass doesnt matter what side.

Step 1: get 2 saw horses a bumper stand or something you can lay the glas flat on

step 2: put the rubber on the glass starting with the 2 outermost corners

step 3: get a piece of string preferably about 1/8th thickness and push it into the groove around the outside and tape the remainder onto the glass on the inside.

step 4: spray liberally with glass cleaner or some sort of slippery cleaner. some things can eat away at the rubber so an aerosol glass cleaner or windex would be the best bet.

step 5: get your buddy to press the glass up against the top roughly fitting the hole but firmly

step 6: pull the string and watch the magic happen. buddy must apply firm but not rock crushing pressure where the string is pulling the flap over the mounting surface.

ill try to get some pics if you need visual help but it really is easier than it looks.

hope this helps

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23