Ignition Starter Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walkdawg

Reaction score
I am trying to start my Bronco. The rod that is suppose to push the ignition starter switch is not pushing the switch all the way so it will start. I need so advice on how to fix this problem. I dont think my bronco likes me. Please I need to get this fixed to day if at all possible!! [-o<

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
PM Seabronc, I have not seen him here in a couple days. He replied in detail on this very subject in general discussion. In the mean time, I will try to locate it for you.

OP
OP
walkdawg

walkdawg

Reaction score
I found the problem here are some pictures for some reason they are a little blury but I hope you can tell what it is. I guess I am going to go the the salvage yards and find one in the morning.I will post a few pics of what i found broke. If anyone has a spare one I will buy it off you. Thanks

Bronco_Pics_001.jpg

OP
OP
walkdawg

walkdawg

Reaction score
I got a new one today will be putting it on tonight. It is a payne in the a@@ to get to to change so I hope it never breaks again LOL. Part cast 14 bucks at the ford dealership.

OP
OP
walkdawg

walkdawg

Reaction score
Yea you are not wrong that was a pain in the A@@ to change. I got it all done now. She starts up great now. Thanks for being there for morale support.

gte959s

Reaction score
my part that looks like the attached broke.

What is the part called?

Can you get it at an autozone?

can you tell me how in the hecck you cahnge it?

I have the whole thing apart where I can see that the small L piece is broken off the end where it wont hold the Lower acuator.

broken_part_that_aligns_lower_acutator.bmp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23