I Finally Did It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indoz

Reaction score
Finally put the homemade exhaust system on the Effie, 2.5 ", X cross-over, straight through 2 mm. plate muffler filled with stainless steelwool, sounds awesome and a good performance improvement.But more important I think I solved my pinging problems by installing water injection into the carb., I already had a kit installed into the vacuum line to the carb for adding flash ***** an additive to stop the valve seats from burning since I run 98 octane unleaded, needed for 10.5:1 compression ratio, so I took the flash **** out of the bottle and filled it with water, adjusted the flow and she runs smooth now, more importantly once she got to operating temperature I tried to make the engine ping by lugging it, not a sound. So today I will start playing with the timing, initial set at zero right now, hope to be able to raise it to 5 or 6 degrees, which would bring my total to the recommended 35 for my c9 heads. And then maybe also run a less expensive unleaded, adding the flash **** direct to the tank.

Henk from Oz

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I'd be interested in some pics of the exhaust ,as well as some more details on what you can attain from the carb set-up you added, JSM84

OP
OP
I

indoz

Reaction score
G'day JSM me old cobber, still need some final work on exhaust b4 pics. I could not

gain the 5 or 6 degrees I had hoped for managed to get 3, by installing the water injection http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_librar...earth/me3.htmlr will explain it better than I can, there are sofisticated systems for sale but very expensive, I also have to finish my cold air intake yet mind you pretty soon we will be in summer, so I guess not too much gain at 100 plus temps.

catch you ron, Henk from Oz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula