How tall is your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
My ugly old rig just seems too tall, I just took 100 lbs off the front, I measure 51 3/4 to the bottom of the handle.

What does everybody else measure?

I want too swap out my 5 1/2 springs for 3 1/2, or 4. I measure 12 1/4 top of axle tube too bottom of frame. The stock measure is 7 in and my spring buckets are bent down and out so I am getting another 1/4+with new buckets a full 5 1/2 in lift with new spring buckets(lower holder)1/4 inch and 3 1/2 springs I should beable to lower the the front by 1 3/4 inch and drop another leaf or 2 in the rear too sit level . Makes sense?

I have liked the progressive rate spings what about the linear springs how do they perform?

I wonder how a slight stink bug stance would effect freeway mpg? As broncos are bricks in the wind!

Thanks for your info !!! BBB

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
bigbluebronc

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the response. I am currently sitting at 52 1/4 loaded with gear and fuel and a spare tire. Thats after I cut the rear body down and took off the rear bumper. Being this tall dont you want more wheel base? The peeps I wheel with say I defy gravity on down hills(aka lots of front wheel driving with the rears in the air).

How much help will I get moving the rear springs back 6 inches?

How much more flex will i get with longer radius arms in the front?

As it is now the body is cut more then I can flex(bottom out 12 inch travel shocks)front and rear and still dont rub body. So lowering is a great idea as well as extending wheel base, right?Yes

Brian aka BBB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23