How Much Lift Needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75bronconj

Reaction score
I recently purchased an uncut 75, and I was hoping to lift it enough to put 35's under her. Does anyone have any idea if this can be done, and if so, how much lift you think I'd need? Any help would be appreciated, as I am new to this.

Thanks

Gunner

Reaction score
Can this be done? 35's? man you can put 44's under her if you want. but to put 35's and to be safe i would probably put at least a 6" lift. i got a 6" with my 32's and i have plenty of clearence. makes it a little harder for short people to get into the truck but hey i am 6' 2" i dont have a problem so i just laugh at people like my dad that is 5' 6" and just about has to get a running sart to get into her. just keep in mind that your ride is going to get worse so make sure you get a stablizer as well. it should come with a six inch lift kit but just make sure it does.

OP
OP

75bronconj

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I want the truck lifted, but I would rather not cut the fenders if I don't have to. One more question, what kind of lift kit do you have on your truck? The only suspension lifts I've found for the EB's are 3.5", 4", or 5.5".

Gunner

Reaction score
Awww crap i have no idea. the lift was on it when i bought it. and by the way i dont have an EB i have a BB mine is an 82. but i believe it actually has an 8 inch lift. 6" lift with 2" body lift. but it is all the same just be careful not to get wide ass tires on it and you should be fine. although yours may actually have the rear wheel well that is smaller than the front which i think is so *** but they did it. and if it does then you may have to cut the rear fender. it isnt hard and it looks better anyway. but if you dont have the smaller wheel well then you shouldnt have any clearence issue with a 5.5" lift. and if you do for some strange reason look into a body lift. pain in the ass to put in (you have to actually lift the body to put the bushings in) but well worth it to match the lift kit. when i get a digicam i will post some pics.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
The best way is to use Duffs or Wildhorses 3.5" lift and add a 2" body lift to clear 35's. I have this set up and run 38.5" SX's but I did chop the fenders. My friends all run 35's with no cuts with the same set up. If you go higher in lift you will have driveline problems all the time. Even with the 3.5" lift I can lift any four tires off the ground 46" before another lifts. Although the wristed radius arm helps. What I am getting at is a huge lift will not incease articulation. Stay low to the ground so you can stay right side up...

ranger4104

Reaction score
I have a 76 and I'm running 35x15.5x15 Super swampers. Iwent with the Duff 3.5" long travel suspension along with a Duff 3" body lift. I believe the only way you are going to get 35s under without cutting the fenders is to have a very narrow tire. Even then you will have to put a substatial lift on it or the tires will hit on the wheel wells. I have been using my lift off road now for two years and it works flawlessly. It's a pretty good looking kit as well, but it isn't cheap.

texar72broncoboy

Reaction score
man just get a 3 inch skyjacker i can clear 36 tsl swampers with that you dont need any kind of a 6 inch lift just go with 3-4 better 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula