Hold Me, I’m Skered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
So Wednesday night coming from downtown Houston up I-45 N and something happened, it’s possible my 93 is getting younger? But all the way home and then back downtown last night and return, this truck is riding SMOOTH! Usually there’s one speed highway wise we’re it doesn’t violently shake the poor ashtray to death. It hardly moves now, I don’t know what’s she’s up to, but I’m sure enjoying the ride...for now

Attachments

• BA152ED1-2F33-4961-984E-5DF848E9E082.jpeg
    BA152ED1-2F33-4961-984E-5DF848E9E082.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 12

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing better then a smooth ride.

KaJoBronco

Reaction score
So Wednesday night coming from downtown Houston up I-45 N and something happened, it’s possible my 93 is getting younger? But all the way home and then back downtown last night and return, this truck is riding SMOOTH! Usually there’s one speed highway wise we’re it doesn’t violently shake the poor ashtray to death. It hardly moves now, I don’t know what’s she’s up to, but I’m sure enjoying the ride...for now
Well.... we know it's not because they fixed the roads!

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Are you sure your still riding on your wheels and tires? It is Houston after all 😂 It cant shake if they arent there.

oldbronk

Reaction score
I know - right? My 96 Eddie Bauer was squeaking in the joints and sliding around on me, even after a good alignment. I was fixing to get all new springs, and more alignment. I mean, I have always just thought the truck probably steered that way ever since it came out of the factory. My son wanted me to get into snow tires for the winter here in Albany NY, and found me some that were just a little smaller (1/2 inch?) - 275x 15, I think - than the size I have been driving for the last fifteen years, but still slightly bigger than stock. I put them on last week. Wait, wut? All the noises, squeaks and steering issues, as well as the dang clunk when shifting from park to drive or reverse to drive that nobody has been able to diagnose ("Can;t find it. Just wait til it breaks, and then we'l fix it") ALL DISAPPEARED. Go Figure !!! What happened to the squeaks ? It steers like my wife's X-5 and I am grinning like an idiot. Also I think it actually has better pickup ! (love that big V-8). NEVER going back to fatter tires again.
Oldbronc

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I know - right? My 96 Eddie Bauer was squeaking in the joints and sliding around on me, even after a good alignment. I was fixing to get all new springs, and more alignment. I mean, I have always just thought the truck probably steered that way ever since it came out of the factory. My son wanted me to get into snow tires for the winter here in Albany NY, and found me some that were just a little smaller (1/2 inch?) - 275x 15, I think - than the size I have been driving for the last fifteen years, but still slightly bigger than stock. I put them on last week. Wait, wut? All the noises, squeaks and steering issues, as well as the dang clunk when shifting from park to drive or reverse to drive that nobody has been able to diagnose ("Can;t find it. Just wait til it breaks, and then we'l fix it") ALL DISAPPEARED. Go Figure !!! What happened to the squeaks ? It steers like my wife's X-5 and I am grinning like an idiot. Also I think it actually has better pickup ! (love that big V-8). NEVER going back to fatter tires again.
Oldbronc
Yo oldbronk,
Welcome & Good stuff, thanks!
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Al

oldbronk

Reaction score
Yo oldbronk,
Welcome & Good stuff, thanks!
ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Al
Thanks! The cruise control is one of my very favorite features on that truck. Some overly helpful mechanic did the recall fix without asking me, and it completely stopped working. It took me over a year to replace every element of that thing trying to figure out what he had ******* up. Finally I found a replacement computer module with a referral by a Ford dealer parts guy here in Albany, it installed easily and it worked! Oh happy day!

captsb890

Reaction score
The computer re-set itself that's all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke