Hey Dudes...sas On A 85 Eddie Bauer Full Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyldcanadian

Reaction score
heres a site Most of my pix are on

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles...ail.php?id=3154

Heres my club site

www.lockitupoffroad.com

and soem quick background

Bought my 85 4 years ago looked like this

getfile.php

Now it looks like this

getfile.php

Quick run down on my baby(s) ( I own three broncos total; 1 65 eddie bauer, 2 XLT's) All same colors, different styles in painting

Anyhow, The one I am showing off, has a worn down 302, swaping this weekend,

Rebuilt AOD with beter clutches, TQ converter. Rebuilt T-case. 9" rear 4:11's Spooled. Frotn TTb removed, 78 High Pinion, Detriot locker, 4:11's . 4 Inch lift, (all custom brackets so stock parts are interchangeable) 33/12.5/15 All terrians. The doors got removed after the last wheeling trip buckled the drivers door towards the front and inwards. So i removed them (always wanted to) Top is never on, ( I live in the deep south where the temp here is always around 90. This winter, the body off resto will begin. I have the first of the two spare bronco i bought, with a great shell, so shelss willbe swapped. (Other frame is bent) It can be fixed, but i want it to be perfect,so bent frame will go to the trail rig (with the bad shell). The third one is goning to be daily driver. Well I'll fill you dudes (and ettes) in as we go

heres pix of #2

and # 3

Heres # 2, after i straightened the frame. Its still out by a 1/8 of an inch. I bought it for 300.00, front clip for 100. Motor is going into the E.B, tranny wnet to the #3 Bronco.

getfile.php

#3 boughtt his one for 400.00 Daily driver needed tranny, whichi rebuilt out of the #2 bronco. Swapping old lift from ym ttb days into it, and transerign the 32's ffrom#2, changing color to a burnt orange with the beige top. Its gonna be the long distance rig and daily for wife and new born. I fell safer with my family in a full size SUV thatn the monte carlo (96)

getfile.php

getfile.php

both interiors are flawless too

good buys for both..all left over pieces will go into the trail rig witha swapped in leaf sprung 44 and look the same except for the 35" tractor tires i am searching for

well heres a few trail pix for you

getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php
getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php

two stumps to clear , had to change sides i had to ride..(same trails ame time)

getfile.php

well thats it, check out the site for alot more pix, thanx guys

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to Bronco Zone!!! You can never have too many Broncos, or 4x4's for that matter, and you always have spare parts. How does the minspool work with those 4.11's in that 9'? I'm thinking about adding one when I swap gears to 4.56, but might swap with 4.11/4.10 still looking atthat.

OP
OP
W

wyldcanadian

Reaction score
depends on your..on the street style of driving. I find lots of skipping jumping drive train popping. It eats u joints (upgraded brute force) about every 3 months. eats tranny mounts (now running custom fabbed solid steel). Cool part is people grin, real ******** guys know whats up. Its cheap ( I paid $15 for mine) Never had any problems with gears. Its solid locked for off road so I now i have no wories about when it might disengage or engage. I find rear tire wear is alot faster; I don't rotate rears at all due to life of about 6-8 months (All Terrians) Now to give an idea I drive mine about 200 miles a week on alot of 90 degree turns. So its not like i'm driving freeways or highways, Its all in town. If was to do it again I would, BUT I'd have a spare "chunk" with matching gears I could swap in when not wheeling, just to help out the wear and tear aspect; plus a spare is always good to have. (now if i could just find a Ring and pinion 4:11 for my spare 9")

jfrbronco

Reaction score
welcome, nice oics think I have seen you on another forum

JFR- :)>-

G

yep I get around...LOL

********?..LOL

pix are no where as good as the vids, or the real thing. I used to be a hammer down style. ram it cram it type. Now that its evolved into a more capable rig, I'm able to take time pic a new challenging line. I loved the abuse the bronco took and never broke...except..

apr04.jpg

getfile.php

getfile.php

getfile.php

Now that I've installed the spool and locked front SAS , things are easier...

Next step is the restoration of this rig, along with the daily driver. All left overs will be going to the full purpose trail rig. Body (seen in these pix) combined with bad frame (1/8" off) and engine trans, transfer case and spare axles will be all into one vehicle

wish me luck :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23