HEATI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Try swapping the hoses at the heater core where they stick out of the firewall on the passenger side. If you have heat then go have the system flushed or it will plug up again whan all the scales goes back through the system to the other side . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
TPLS JNNY,

what year do you have?

if 86 up check this out;

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?F...23d800a3b2d.jsp

fig 1 & 2;

check the plenum door where the cable connects for warpage that prevents it from opening fully or not at all...

ck the cable if kinks esp if someone was working under there..sometimes a big foot will kink the cable.

if it is just that the heater control switch is really diff to move; look underneath and see if it damaged;

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?F...23d800a364a.jsp

check for vacuum leaks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

TPLS JNNY

Reaction score
Tecumseh,ont,canada.....close to detroit mi
I have a 96...and both hoses r getting warm...and my feet aren't that big...71/2 ladies...LOL..but that seems to be where the problem lies..a guy looked at it for me and said it was the door thingy we rigged it open but says its a big job and has to pull out whole dash to fix...grrrrr....and in the meantime murphy's law...i found a gas leak and need a new tank..

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 96...and both hoses r getting warm...and my feet aren't that big...71/2 ladies...LOL..but that seems to be where the problem lies..a guy looked at it for me and said it was the door thingy we rigged it open but says its a big job and has to pull out whole dash to fix...grrrrr....and in the meantime murphy's law...i found a gas leak and need a new tank..

ok, didn't meant it was your feet...lol

ask this mech if he can or you can repair it like this - http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com

maybe it will work haven't looked at our 96 to see if it will yet..

But do not allow him to access it by removing A/C evaporator thru engine compartment!!!

whitey

Reaction score
i may be wrong or it may be a different setup on your newer bronco but,have you checked the cable that attaches to the knobs behind the glove box to make sure it is adjusted correcty before it was clipped in to the retainer?

i had this happen after i replaced my heater core. didnt clip it in correctly and had no ac because the **** wouldnt slide all the way to the left to activate the ac. you have round knobs and i have slider knobs so it may work a little differently. may or may not be the issue but if it is it should be an easy fix. jus a matter of popping the cable out and readjusting and popping it back into the clip.

that may explain the resistance. then again in a newer truck i may be way off base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23