heat and ac parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
too pricy for me ive already spent too much on this bronco. plus iv already pressure tested the evaporator {ok} cleaned duct work and fan works good. should be fine. would really like to find the piece im missing. i sold some engines and parts i had in my way and think perhaps the part was accident put in one of the boxes. do you know anyone that has some dealer installed ac parts. i cant even find a picture of one to see what the part looks like. 78-79 bronco
Woobly, I ,ll try and get some pictures of the area. Now is it the part under the DASH--GLOVE BOX AREA or under the HOOD? lET ME KNOW.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
goes on top of fan i belie I don,t think mine looks like that,but I,ll have a look tomorrow.Thanks for the picture of your area. My niece is at work and tomorrow I,ll see about getting a picture. I might have one out back. A friend gave me some parts and I,ll look their tomorrow too.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I just went out and what I could see(mine,s a 78) mINE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE YOUR AREA-but tomorrow when its more daylight. I,ll go back and try to get some pitures,plus look in my other pile of parts.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Attachments

• TAKEN INSIDE GLOVE BOX DOOR--TORWARD THE CENTER DASH -WITH AIR CONDITIONER-78 BRONCO.jpg
    TAKEN INSIDE GLOVE BOX DOOR--TORWARD THE CENTER DASH -WITH AIR CONDITIONER-78 BRONCO.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 3
  • -TAKEN THROUGH GLOVE BOX DOOR-WITH GLOVE BOX REMOVED.jpg
    -TAKEN THROUGH GLOVE BOX DOOR-WITH GLOVE BOX REMOVED.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
  • BEHIND GLOVE BOX DOOR-78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITIONER.jpg
    BEHIND GLOVE BOX DOOR-78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITIONER.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2
  • TAKEN INSIDE BEHIND GLOVE BOX DOOR ON 78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITIONER.jpg
    TAKEN INSIDE BEHIND GLOVE BOX DOOR ON 78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITIONER.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1
  • 1978-79 ford bronco ac plenium.jpg
    1978-79 ford bronco ac plenium.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2
  • ARE UNDER THE GLOVE BOX ON 78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITION.jpg
    ARE UNDER THE GLOVE BOX ON 78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITION.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1
  • UNDER CENTER OF DASH ON 78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITIONER.jpg
    UNDER CENTER OF DASH ON 78 BRONCO WITH AIR CONDITIONER.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Comparing mine to yours--they look different. Mine was made in the U.S.A. Maybe yours was made in Canada,but what is your opinion of the picture(s) comparison?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I checked one pile of parts and didn,t find any heat or air parts. I looked at my other 78 bronco with NO air and it was nothing like my other 78 bronco or yours. The heater motor is under the hood.. I,ll keep looking.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hear is some more pictures I took today. I,m gonna try and look at some other ford truck dash area and see what I can come up with. Maybe someone changed yours one time.

Attachments

• under dash on 78 bronco on driver side.jpg
    under dash on 78 bronco on driver side.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2
  • under dash on 78 bronco--taken on passenger side.jpg
    under dash on 78 bronco--taken on passenger side.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 2
  • under the dash on 78 bronco -on passenger side.jpg
    under the dash on 78 bronco -on passenger side.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 2
  • under dash on 78 bronco on driver side.jpg
    under dash on 78 bronco on driver side.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be fun, but it also wouldn't be too hard to build something.

Still working off of crappy pictures, but it looks like the fresh air intake is above the fan motor? A rectangular port?

fab something up out of cardboard and duct tape, cover it in fiberglass. Bolt it in when dry.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Still working off of crappy pictures, but it looks like the fresh air intake is above the fan motor? A rectangular port?

fab something up out of cardboard and duct tape, cover it in fiberglass. Bolt it in when dry.
The pictures was to show Woobly . What the part(s)looked like. Yes it could be made and improved . That,s what is fun about it. I think maybe some one might have put a heater from another older year . Into his bronco. It would be easier to work on and not hard to do.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Tiha,on my bronco with the a/c-I couldn,t find the heater motor.Is it covered up? On the other one. Its under the hood in plain sight (no a/c)

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
mine has stock heater box without air and the air unit sits right in front of it. switch has hwy or city on it. other is fan switch. dont guess mine has any outside air going to it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
mine has stock heater box without air and the air unit sits right in front of it. switch has hwy or city on it. other is fan switch. dont guess mine has any outside air going to it.
I looked again at both my bronco,s. The one without air. The heater motor is under the hood. The one with air--is under the dash covered up--. I also looked on my 75-f-600 and the motor is inside on passenger side. You can take it out easy. Now as I looked at your and blowed the picture up. It looks like some one had done some cutting and made it fit. Also the duct work going to the passenger side vent is missing. Like Tiha suggested. You might have to make one. I,ll try and get a hold of the guy that has a junk yard about 40 miles from hear and have him check on his and see if its air and all of it their.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hear is a drawing of the heater area. I have looked all over mine and have not found any motor. On the a/c bronco. Noticing the duct work. I would say it behind the cent dash area. The person who had it before you.Decide it was too much work changing it and decided to put the motor on the end of the duct work. I felt back behind mine for wires and couldn,t find anything. You would think the motor would be at the center of all the duct work and I believe it is. I found a article and had it added and will try and get it on hear for you.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
goes on top of fan i believe
Well I went back to the start of your article and saw .Where your ac unit is a dealer installed unit. I kept looking and nothing came back looking like you. Then I re-read the start and see why. If you have the name brand of the dealer installed unit. I,d type it in the address bar and you might find your parts you need. If you decide to go with a factory ford unit. You shouldn,t have much trouble find it. Their is a company that does sale the old ford ac units. I don,t remeber the name,but I have to replace some parts on mine before long. Good luck. If I find that company. I,ll save it . Sorry I could not be of much help.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well I went back to the start of your article and saw .Where your ac unit is a dealer installed unit. I kept looking and nothing came back looking like you. Then I re-read the start and see why. If you have the name brand of the dealer installed unit. I,d type it in the address bar and you might find your parts you need. If you decide to go with a factory ford unit. You shouldn,t have much trouble find it. Their is a company that does sale the old ford ac units. I don,t remeber the name,but I have to replace some parts on mine before long. Good luck. If I find that company. I,ll save it . Sorry I could not be of much help.
I found where the motor is. Its behind the glove box. Inside the big box area. I had it out about 3-4 years ago and forget about it.

OP
OP
W

wobbly-pop

Reaction score
I looked again at both my bronco,s. The one without air. The heater motor is under the hood. The one with air--is under the dash covered up--. I also looked on my 75-f-600 and the motor is inside on passenger side. You can take it out easy. Now as I looked at your and blowed the picture up. It looks like some one had done some cutting and made it fit. Also the duct work going to the passenger side vent is missing. Like Tiha suggested. You might have to make one. I,ll try and get a hold of the guy that has a junk yard about 40 miles from hear and have him check on his and see if its air and all of it their.
i have the passenger side vent and the opening where fan goes dosent seem to be altered.there are 3 screwholes around it. im wondering if nothing goes there. i have a switch for blower speed and other says hwy or city.which makes me believe there was perhaps a mode door

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke