Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjnort

Reaction score
I have a 86 bronco and the parking lights work but the headlights won't come on, last time they went off I turned the switch off and they came back on ...any help please....

Shadow_D

Reaction score
First things first.

Welcome to the Zone.
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

First thing you want to do is

• (1) Check for loose / corroded wires.
  • (2) Check the dimmer switch.
  • (3) Check the headlight switch.
(1) You may not have a problem here but but check the wires at the dimmer / High Beam switch.

(2) Your Dimmer switch could be shot. If you have an OHMs meter and know how to use it, check the switch.

(3) If everything else is ok then you probably have a bad headlight switch. My guess is this is the problem.

Let us know how you make out.

jfrbronco

Reaction score
check the switch,or just go buy a new one.Had the same problem checked all the contacts and wires and all I needed was a 15$ switch, good luck.

JFR-

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Id say its the headlight switch itself, when mine went out though if i played with it i could get my dash lights to come on but not my headlights. If it is the switch to replace it youll have to push the little pin/button on the bottom of it to get the lever out of the old one and put in the new one(also while pushing the button until it locks)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK