Headlight Cover Removal-Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednek

Reaction score
How do I get the whole globe deal off because its cracked and full of water. Please help...

BLADE262US

Reaction score
They dont really come off thier vibration welded to the back piece . Best thing you can do at this point is drill a small drain hole at the bottom somewhere that isnt noticeable . Then start looking for a new headlight which I may just have :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
I'm sure they come off cuz bronco betty has aftermarket headlight covers please help

POTTER

Reaction score
How do I get the whole globe deal off because its cracked and full of water. Please help...
If they are aftermarket covers (I think you are talking about blackouts rights) then they should just pop off...every set I have ever had just popped off...sometimes they need a little persuasion though..I would just get a firm grip and pull back hard...see what happens....

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Your original post said the globe was cracked and had water in it I figured you meant the actual headlight assembly I just went and looked again and it doesnt come off its an assembly . There are aftermarket covers but they just snap over the headlight assembly if you have found replacement covers for the actual headlight assebly then post a link to them Im sure some would be interested . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
heh

Your original post said the globe was cracked and had water in it I figured you meant the actual headlight assembly I just went and looked again and it doesnt come off its an assembly . There are aftermarket covers but they just snap over the headlight assembly if you have found replacement covers for the actual headlight assebly then post a link to them Im sure some would be interested .
sure thang man i bought them... i dont mean to be a *******. no hard feelings... i just love being right.

here they are for sale...

http://www.innerauto.com/store/?N=9298&amp...d&md=Bronco

heres a pic of a aftermarket headlight

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?act...ost&id=6939

BLADE262US

Reaction score
LOL well there little guy before you start jumping for joy about being right you shuld look at you question " how do I replace the headlight cover its cracked and water got inside " Now I told you they dont come off they are vibration welded to the reflector backing I know because we used to make a similar unit at my shop . The link you sent for your replacement "cover " CLEARLY states " HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY " which means you replaced the entire headlight assembly . Please dont try to point people in the wrong direction for some sort of Im right contest :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
There was a mis-understanding obviously. Also you dont have to call me a little guy because i've done plenty of stuff in the short 17 years of my life to deserve to be talked to like a normal adult.

Thats all I have to say.

This thread is closed.

walnuts75

Reaction score
Aww! He's just a kid. Don't worry men, he'll learn...eventually. (I'm just teasing...dont tell teacher, I dont want to get a detention!) But seriously, I'm just joking.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
There was a mis-understanding obviously. Also you dont have to call me a little guy because i've done plenty of stuff in the short 17 years of my life to deserve to be talked to like a normal adult.Thats all I have to say.

This thread is closed.
In a thread entitled "Vote - Windshield Decal, Who is the most helpful" and the introductory sentence is: "Everyone tell me which members they think are the most helpful member for answering tech questions and stuff."

IMO a normal adult would not have voted for himself and posted this...

rednek for the high school student that knows very little about broncos yet he has one of the more fancy broncos in here.

When four hundred years you have as I, You will come to know that flashy tires on a 16 year old truck does not the man make. Respect is sometimes granted as a courtesy, but true respect is earned. Consider this... are you demanding respect, or are you earning respect?

PS. I have noted that your responses over the past few months have been more respectful, more reserved. You have made great improvements.

Mike G

Reaction score
I just wish that all the people that talk about there trucks so much would post pictures of them in there gallery for all of us to enjoy. I see more without then with.

OP
OP
R

Rednek

Reaction score
k broncojoe it was just a joke... look back I have barley helped anyone. so if i was serious would I say i'm the most helpful... I'm no bronco mechanic, i'm just a back woods country boy welder that happens to have a tricked out bronco. Btw im #13 in my class now Broncojoe =) schools over now... one more year of high school then im going to Texas A&M. Anyways, this whole convo was about a headlight cover. Down south we talk a little different than in the north, Michigan. I think thats were we went wrong. You thought I was talking about just the front. I honestly had no clue what you were talking about when you were talking about the cover being welded on... I was cool until it came down to calling me a "little one" or whatever. Also I thought I said it was closed. I did that so it didnt get any worse.

This Thread is Closed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23