Hardtop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoscare

Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out how the weather stripping goes on my 91 bronco. I didn't take it off and it sat for a year, i don't suppose it has lost any shape and I can't tell how and where they go there; are three pieces. Thanks for any help possible!

chuckles1856

Reaction score
I had my top off a few months back to replace some weatherstriping. If I remeber correctly there two pieces where the top connects to the cab. And there is one on each side of the truck that run the length of the back. I had to get a piece from the dealership. They gave me a diagram of the top and all the different pieces that go on it. It was great to have. It didn't cost me a cent they just gave it to me. I've tried to duplicate it with MS Paint and attach the file, but it was too big. It's pretty crappy anyway. ;-(

If you can't get it back on just get a soft top and forget about it. ;-)

Good Luck

Ed

OP
OP
Broncoscare

Broncoscare

Reaction score
Yea I have have the one on the back top of the cab correct. Now there are two left and like on the ends are like a big corner of rubber. ok so if those go on each side do they connect to the h/t itself or like does it go on the top of the rails. does it ***** down or does it have adhesive??? thanks for your help

(there is a soft top i want from jeff's but it 400 buck i ain't got at the moment!!) [-o< [-o<

chuckles1856

Reaction score
yeah the soft top and a money tree is on my x-mas list ;-)

I didn't take the side pieces off so I'm thinking they stayed on the top while I had it off. I don't know if you use adhesive or not. The one piece that I did replace I had to use some adhesive. I left the crap in the back of the Bronco and the bottem blew out and sort of glued some other bottles of stuff in that side pocket. What a mess. ;-) I hope that helps.

Ed

Windchaser

Reaction score
I have never taken my top off before. The only reason is because I have been told that if you do, you'll have to buy a new seal and those are expensive, again-so I've heard. Has anyone reused their seal?

Ktomek06

Reaction score
It is all lies!..I take my top about every weekend..Seals back great..Prolly the first time you take it off you might want to get new weatherstripping because its prolly no good anymore..then just keep it armoralled and you will be ok. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
Broncoscare

Broncoscare

Reaction score
Hum, ok it looks like I have 2 choices lol forget about the h/t or get up off 400 bucks lol. I think i am gonna think about that one !! Thanks guys!

dicain

Reaction score
ive taken my top off once or twice a year and it hasent leaked yet. you just have to put it back on right. and its thoughs cheep ch#$y blazers that leak.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
I dont see too many blazers w/ the top off...well i dont see too many blazers running either

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
All the Blazers are rusted out, even down here in the south!

Broncoscare if you've been to Jeff's, then look on page 82 of their catalog, there's a pic of the top, and seal there. the ******* goes on the truck, the soft one goes on the cap, the "big corners" fit into the rear of the cap.

There should be no adheasive on any of the seals, but they may get stuck with age, and tear when you remove your top for the FIRST time. That is why some folks recommend buying a new seal set before your FIRST removal.

Go with what ktomek said, and you will be ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23