Gotta '81 F-150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
Ight i bought a '81 Ford Ranger F-150 parts truck, gave 100 bucks for it and it had new wheels and tires. Also got the hood, headlight bezels, grill, bench seat, chrome air cleaner, good passenger side fender and a mechanical flex fan. So i think i did pretty good. Now im wonderin what ill have to do to get the crank windows out so i can replace them with my power ones? Door panels aint a problem ill order some new ones.

OP
OP
Redneck86

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
Nah man thats cool, i wanna convert to that crank windows if you or anyone else knows how to do them.

OP
OP
Redneck86

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
I wish we did too, thatd be a good way to do it. Hey also i think i noticed in one of your pictures that you aint gotta rear bumper. That '81 F-150 i got has one, not straight but its better then nothin. It should work on your Bronco if ya need it, im also partin the truck out.

Seabronc

Reaction score
First off, you need to remove the wing window. There are two screws through the front door edge and one bolt on the inside. You need the side window down for this, and then you tilt the wing window frame back and pull it out. The side window slides off the track that attaches it to the regulator arm by tilting it forward and pulling it out. The side window regulator mechanism is usually has three large pop rivets holding it to the door which you can drill out and when you reinstall it use short bolts. If no pop rivets, then there should be three bolts to remove. It will be fairly obvious once you get started.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23