got my codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeprollling

Reaction score
Thanks Yoda, that tutorial helped, and having the laptop sitting as a passenger with your posting did too.

Here are the codes pulled from my truck

KOEO:

KOER:

After it went trough each, they repeated.

Now I think i will go get some ice cream. Ill be back in a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
KOEO:

111 System checks OK

DTC 332 Insufficient EGR flow detected. "...Atop the EGR valve there is a sensor called the EVP (EGR Valve Position) sensor. It detects movement of the pintle iside the EGR valve. You can apply vacuum to the vacuum barb on the EGR valve and observe through the holes in the casting whether the valve is moving or not. It may just be dirty which requires some careful scrubbing and NO SOLVENTS. Otherwise, if the EGR valve is functioning and moving when vacuum is applied, the EVP sensor is suspect and the electrical connections to it should be checked first. (Computer needs to know the EGR valve position for emissions control)..."

EGR Valve Insufficient EGR Flow; EGR valve sticking closed; EGR valve diaphragm leaks; EVR solenoid sticking closed; Loss of vacuum to or from EVR Open in EVR VPWR or driver circuits; Leak or restriction in PFE/DPFE signal hoses..."

See my site under Emissions; EGR... for more info on each component and testing.

---------

KOER:

DTC 412 "Cannot control RPM during KOER self-test high RPM check." DTC 412 indicates that during the Engine Running Self-Test, engine rpm could not be controlled within the Self-Test upper limit band.

Possible causes:

Open or shorted circuit.

Throttle linkage binding.

Improper idle airflow set.

Idle Air Control (IAC) solenoid contamination.

Items external to Idle Air Control system that could affect engine rpm.

Damaged IAC solenoid.

Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

See my site in this section for testing, etc.

---------------

DTC 116 - ECT out of self test range 0.3 to 3.7 volts. Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 116 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) or 114 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) indicates that the corresponding

sensor is out of Self-Test range. Correct range of measure is 0.3 to 3.7 volts.

Possible causes:

- Low coolant level (ECT).

- Ambient temperature below 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat