Got into an accident today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well on my way to work, I got into an accident.

Police officer ran a red light. I didn't see any lights on, nor did I hear any siren. The BMW and I were both traveling roughly 40mph. By the time we reached the interesction the light had turned yellow. The officer ran his red light, turning left into our lanes to merge onto the highway (straight for the BMW and I).

The BMW hit the rear passanger door of the patrol car, and the patrol car pushed the BMW into my Bronco. I popped a curb all whole rubbing this guys BMW car. Here are photos ofcourse. I have to say I'm VERY impressed.

You can't see the black plastic too well on the chrome bumper, but it sanded it down to half the thickness (all the black on the BMW car).

BMWsideClose.jpg

BroncoFront.jpg

BroncoFrontCompare.jpg

Intersection.jpg

BMWFront.jpg

AuroraHit.jpg

Bronc76

Reaction score
Sounds like no one got hurt. At least the Bronco doesn't have a lot of damage.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Yeah everyone is fine. BMW could have t-boned the patrol car but instead ran into me, which I'm thankful for. It could have been much worse.

I have a weird something going on in the front end. Probably from popping that curb doing 35mph. The bumper, just looking at it you can't tell there is any damage unless you compare sides and actually look.

In the end though it looks like maybe some front end work, and a new bumper. Going to see if maybe they can fab an install an EB bumper so I can install some fog lights.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Bet you bent a tie rod or adjustment sleave.

That would throw out the toe and then it can be almost undriveable. Would dart and weave...

Good luck.

Let us know what you find.

ps: That spray bedliner stuff is fantastic! I may be addicted to spraying things with it!

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
The cop flat out said "I'm not even sure which way you guys were coming from".

They were looking for a (bridge) jumper so that would explain the no lights and sirens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948